Be the first to leave a review.
The Missisquoi Insurance Company underwrites insurance for The Economical policies in Quebec and is one of the leading property and casualty insurance companies. The Economical Mutual Fire Insurance Company started operations in 1871 and purchased Missisquoi in 1956. They were a mutual company for over 145 years but decided to demutualize since 2015. Missisquoi insurance has a strong insurance history since 1835 as one of the oldest property and casualty insurers in Canada.
Economical insurance serves over 1 million clients across Canada and has a team of more than 600 claims specialists available 24/7. Today, they offer personal, group, business, and farm insurance products. The head office is based in Waterloo, Ontario. They have branches in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Halifax, Toronto, Kitchener, Ottawa, Mississauga, Woodstock and Montreal regions. Other brands of the Economical include Waterloo Insurance Company, Western General, Perth Insurance Company and Westmount Financial Inc. Sonnet Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., and Petline Insurance Company.
Economical Insurance Brands
- Economical Insurance Brands
- Economical Auto Insurance
- Missisquoi Auto Insurance Discounts
- Optional Coverage You May Consider Buying With Missisquoi
- Missisquoi Car Insurance Cancellation Policy
- Making Missisquoi Car Insurance Claim
- How Can I Get Missisquoi Car Insurance Quote
- Contact Methods For Missisquoi Insurance
Economical Insurance is also one of the best employers in Canada which is ranked highly in most surveys on workforce learning and development. The company operates under several brands such as Economical Insurance, Western General, Perth Insurance, Economical Select, Economical, Family Insurance Solutions, Economical Financial and Federation Insurance. Missisquoi Insurance continues to offer personal and commercial insurance products tailored to Quebec markets as a member of the Economical group. Its products are distributed exclusively through a broker network. Missisquoi does not provide policies directly to its clients.
Economical Auto Insurance
Economical Insurance offers auto insurance for a number of vehicle classes, such as cars, vans, trucks, snowmobiles, utility vehicles, antique vehicles, motorcycles, mopeds, all-terrain vehicles, high-value vehicles, campers, trailers and motor homes and special interest vehicles.
Missisquoi auto insurance would take Quebec’s particular provincial insurance program into account. Quebec is the only province in Canada to offer a hybrid public and private auto insurance plan. This plan successfully offers Quebec residents car insurance rates that are, on average, the lowest in Canada. The provincial government portion of the insurance deals directly with accident benefits, paying for medical and rehabilitation care after an accident. All citizens of Quebec are protected by this coverage, even those not licensed as drivers. Private companies, such as Missisquoi and Economical, offer optional extended accident benefit coverage. As well, you can protect your Quebec vehicle from damage or loss through collision and comprehensive coverage purchased from private insurers. Where Economical auto insurance is available, its offerings include the provincially required minimum coverages, along with options to enhance coverage through additional policy endorsements.
As is typical with many insurers in Canada, Missisquoi and other Economical member brands offer a variety of discounts and savings to their clients.
- If you are an older adult who has been driving for several years and even decades, you are entitled to discounts.
- Clean and incident free driving records, free from convictions and claims, qualify for the best base rates.
- Multi car discounts are available to those who have more than one vehicle insured.
- Multi product discounts may apply to motorists who also carry home insurance with member companies.
- Loyalty discounts apply to those who renew regularly with Economical.
- You can get a discount for installing an approved anti-theft system in your vehicle.
- There are family discounts available as well, offered to the whole family, including to a child who is away at school.
Not all discounts will be available in all markets, nor are discounts always applied automatically. Check regularly with your agent or broker to determine if your policy and driving situation qualifies for additional discounts or rate reductions.
Missisquoi Auto Insurance Discounts
They offer many savings on car insurance policies based on different criteria. If you have safe driving habits, no claims or accidents and take preventative steps to avoid theft or accidents then you may save on your premiums. The car insurance rates in Quebec are the lowest in Canada. Individual car insurance companies set the premium rates for the property damage coverage on your policy. The Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec sets the premium rates for the personal injury coverage on your policy. You may also choose usage-based insurance to save some costs. As per the driver and vehicle profile, you may qualify for the below discounts.
Some of the discounts are as follows:
- Conviction-free driver discount: You may qualify for this discount if you do not have any convictions on your driving record.
- Accident-free driver discount: When you do not involve in any accidents then you may get this discount.
- Renewal discounts: You may get a discount for renewing your car insurance policy every year.
- Experienced driver discount: This discount is for a driving with good driving experience.
- Anti-theft device discount: If you installed an anti-theft device in your car then you may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-car discount: When you insure more than 1 car then you may get a discount.
- Bundle discount: You may get a discount when you combine your car and home insurance with Missisquoi.
Optional Coverage You May Consider Buying With Missisquoi
In British Columbia, Manitoba or Saskatchewan it is mandatory to purchase the accident benefits coverage from a province run insurance program. You may buy optional coverage from a private car insurance company. However, in Quebec, you may choose who you want to buy insurance from and your coverage level. Missisquoi offers insurance coverage to cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, antique vehicles, snowmobiles, ATVs, motorcycles, mopeds, campers, and motorhomes. They may cover medical expenses, legal fees, loss of income due to injury, repairs, damaged windshield, vandalism, theft, rental car costs etc. You may purchase the basic mandatory coverage and optional coverage for added protection.
Missisquoi Car Insurance Cancellation Policy
If you wish to cancel your car insurance policy then you may inform your broker first. Or you may call 514 875 5790 and 1800 361 7573 to inform Missisquoi. They may help you with the cancellation process and issue a refund if any. You may pay a cancellation charge for canceling early. When you cancel at renewal then you may not pay the cancellation fee. This fee is for policy handling and administration costs.
When you start the policy they calculate your premiums and payments as per a specific policy term. So, if you cancel midterm then they calculate based on a short rate method. They calculate the remaining amount of premium that you owe which is as per the date of cancellation and the number of days your policy was active.
Making Missisquoi Car Insurance Claim
To report a car insurance claim you may contact your insurance broker first. In case you wish to report a claim after business hours then you may call the claims emergency contact number1888 875 8088. This department is available to assist you 24/7 for your claim.
How Can I Get Missisquoi Car Insurance Quote
You may contact an independent insurance agent to get a custom car insurance quote. As per your age, location, vehicle profile, mileage, safety devices, driving records, claims history and accidents etc. they may calculate your quote. To search for your local broker you may check online on the website. You may also call Missisquoi directly on 514 875 5790 and 1800 361 7573.
Contact Methods For Missisquoi Insurance
There are many methods to contact Missisquoi Insurance Company.
- Mail: You may write to them and mail to 1, Place Ville Marie, Suite 1400, Montreal Quebec H3B 2B2.
- Phone: The contact numbers to reach Missisquoi are 514 875 5790 and 1800 361 7573.
- Fax: There is an option to fax your documents to 514 875 9769.
- Broker: You may search for your local broker online.
- Payments: The 123 payment plan helps you to pay in 1, 2 or 3 installments in the form of credit, cheque or money order through your credit union or bank. Or you may also pay online using your credit card. Your broker can assist you with any changes if you wish to change your chosen payment method.
- Complaints: To submit a complaint you may first try to raise your concern with your broker or call Missisquoi directly on 514 875 5790 and 1800 361 7573. If they are not able to solve your concern then you may contact the company ombudsperson by calling 1800 361 7573 and dial extension 58018. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write a complaint to 111 Westmount Road South, P.O. Box 2000, Waterloo, ON N2J 4S4. The fax number to send your complaint letter is 519 570 8550.
We are not affiliated and make no representations or warranties, recommendations or endorsements of Missisquoi Insurance. This article is our review of Missisquoi Insurance for information purposes only. The logos, trademarks, and copyrights mentioned in this article belong to the Missisquoi Insurance.