RSA or Royal Sun & Alliance owns L’Union Canadienne which is one of the leading property and casualty insurance providers in Quebec. They have a distribution network of brokers across Quebec and offer personal, commercial, travel, and global specialty lines of insurance products. Under personal lines, they offer home, auto, self-employed protection, liaison, and legal protection insurance coverage. The commercial line consists of the auto trade, bed, and breakfast, contracting & constructing, manufacturing & wholesale, hospitality, equipment breakdown, realty, and micro-business insurance.
RSA has a strong history of over 300 years and is the 3rd largest insurance provider in Canada. They have independent brokers who offer a large range of personal and commercial insurance products in over 150 territories globally. They do not offer insurance products in Saskatchewan and Manitoba provinces.
L’Union Canadienne Auto Insurance Discounts
They offer many discounts to car insurance policyholders for various factors.
- Drivers who have no convictions, tickets, violations, or claims may qualify for a discount.
- When you insure both your vehicle and home then you may get a discount.
Optional Coverage You May Consider Buying With L’Union Canadienne
They offer personal auto insurance coverage in the name of the PACTE program and are offered only in Quebec. This program has 2 options. The PACTE coverage is automatically available to customers who have their home and car insurance with L’Union Canadienne. This offers basic and additional coverage. The PACTE+ offers more enhanced protection and the customers who have bundled their home and car insurance policies for 2-year terms get this option at no extra cost.
- With PACTE coverage, you may not have to pay a deductible if your car is a total loss of up to $500. And with PACTE+ coverage this limit is up to $1000. For a hit-and-run collision, you may not pay a deductible up to $500.
- You may claim for rental expenses up to $1500 per car per incident with PACTE and with PACTE+ coverage you may claim up to $2000. There is no limit per day.
- Also, you may claim for meals, transportation, and lodging expenses up to $750 with PACTE, and with PACTE+ you may claim up to $1000.
- There is coverage for rental or borrowed vehicles up to a limit of $40000 with PACTE and this is up to $75000 with PACTE+ coverage.
- The death indemnity coverage is for $15000 with the PACTE program within a year of a car accident. And with PACTE+ the death indemnity coverage limit is $30000.
L’Union Canadienne Car Insurance Cancellation Policy
If you wish to cancel your car insurance policy then you may inform your broker or agent. They will help you with the cancellation and refund procedure. You may pay a cancellation charge for canceling your policy at midterm rather than at renewal.
Making L’Union Canadienne Car Insurance Claim
L’Union Canadienne has many claims centers across Dartmouth, Calgary, Montreal, Quebec City, Mississauga, Vancouver, and Toronto. To file a car insurance claim you may contact the general contact number at 1800 873 2424. You may fax any supporting documents to 1800 450 9585. If you wish to send an email about your claim you may send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guaranteed Auto Repair Program
They have an auto repair program that is guaranteed to provide service to customers with no hassle. As per this program, when you notice an auto loss, they will contact you within 6 business hours. If you notify them before 3 pm then they will respond the same day. The turnaround time for vehicle damage inspection is 1 business day or sometimes in less than 3 hours in urban areas. The inspection is done in 3 business days in a rural area. If needed these centers will refer to a rental agency or provide a temporary replacement car. The claims department reviews all the repair center estimates electronically. After the claim settlement, they will send you a cheque within 2 business days.
They have a large network of collision repair centers. The main repair centers are CSN Collision & Glass and Fix Auto all over Canada. In Ontario, they have Assured Automotive and in British Columbia, they have Craftsman Collision and AutoMind Collision centers. Any repairs that you complete through these collision repair centers are guaranteed for the car’s lifetime when you have your insurance with RSA.
How Can I Get L’Union Canadienne Car Insurance Quote
To get a L’Union car insurance quote you may contact your insurance broker. They can help you with a personalized quote as per your coverage requirements.
Contact Methods For L’Union Canadienne Insurance
To contact L’Union Canadienne you may either reach the Quebec city service location or the Quebec regional center location as below.
- City Service Location mailing address is 2475 Laurier Blvd, Quebec City, Quebec G1T 1C4. To call this location you may contact 418 622 2040 and the number to fax your documents is 418 622 0400.
- Regional Centre Location mailing address is Suite 800, 2000 McGill College Avenue, Montreal, Quebec H3A 3H3. The contact numbers to reach this office are 514 844 1116 and 1800 361 2766. You may fax your documents to 514 844 4926.
- Payments: You may pre-authorize a payment instruction and fill out a form with your credit or debit card details. The mailing address to send your completed payment form is 2475, Laurier Boulevard, Quebec G1T 1C4.
We are not affiliated and make no representations or warranties, recommendations, or endorsements of L’Union Canadienne Insurance. This article is our review of L’Union Canadienne Insurance for information purposes only. The logos, trademarks, and copyrights mentioned in this article belong to the L’Union Canadienne Insurance.
Leave A Comment