La Capitale Insurance started operations in 1940 in Quebec. Since 2006 their operations have spread across Canada and offer financial and insurance services and products to over 800 public service establishments in Quebec. The property and casualty insurance section of La Capitale includes L’Unique General Insurance, La Capitale General Insurance, and Unica Insurance. The La Capital foundation financially supports about 270 organizations by promoting mutualism. Around 75 years ago, the association members of Quebec civil service employees put together a benefits program that shaped as insurance, and today there are more than 265000 mutual members. The head office is located in Quebec.
La Capitale offers home, car, travel, group, recreational, leisure, life, disability, health, and credit protection insurance products. You may get La Capitale mutual membership if you are a current or retired employee of Quebec para-public (fire, police, health, municipal, or education sectors), public organization, or a member company. And you have an individual insurance policy or annuity contract with La Capitale.
La Capitale Auto Insurance Discounts
La Capitale Insurance gives discounts on your car insurance based on several factors.
- You may get a discount of up to $360 annually when you bundle your home, leisure vehicle, and auto insurance.
- Drivers who have no claims may qualify for up to a 20% discount.
- If you have teens aged less than 16 years then you get up to a $100 discount on family promotion.
- Young drivers aged between 20 to 30 years may get discounts.
- There are discounts of up to 19% offered to retirees and public service employees in Quebec.
- If you drive a hybrid or electric then you may qualify for a 15% discount.
Optional Coverage You May Consider Buying With La Capitale
La Capitale offers the mandatory coverage in Quebec required as per the law if you own or drive a car. The standard car insurance coverage includes civil liability insurance of at least $1 million if you drive only in Quebec. You may increase this limit to $2 million if you plan to drive outside the province of Quebec. As per your need, you may also purchase additional coverage for better protection in case of damage or loss.
- Collision coverage helps to claim for damage to your car by a collision.
- Comprehensive coverage helps to claim for those damages that are not due to a collision. Examples may include vandalism, theft, fire, flood, riots, etc.
- Claim forgiveness coverage may protect your driving record and will not increase your premiums even if you claim once or twice.
- You may get the roadside assistance coverage at a monthly cost of $2 if you are aged 20 to 30 years.
There are special endorsements that offer added protection for your vehicle.
- (Endorsement 20A) Travel costs help to claim for rental and public transit costs when you cannot use your car. You may even claim accommodation expenses if the accident occurred away from home.
- Civil liability coverage for vehicles that are not owned by the insured (Endorsement 27) helps to claim for damages to rental vehicles that are borrowed on a short-term basis. The cost of this coverage may turn out to be cheaper than the insurance from the rental company.
- Change to Indemnity (Endorsement 43A & 43E) gives you similar replacement options in case of a total or partial loss of the vehicle. This is valid for a certain period of time from the time the vehicle is purchased. In the case of a partial loss, the insurance company replaces the damaged parts with new parts. If there is a total loss then the insurance company may replace your vehicle itself with a new vehicle with the same features.
- The purchase price option (Endorsement 43D) allows you to claim for the actual value of your new vehicle and does not consider depreciation over time.
Apart from the optional coverage and special endorsements, you may also purchase some add-ons. These include emergency benefits such as full roadside assistance, psychological assistance, emergency medical transportation by helicopter, or legal access insurance.
La Capitale Car Insurance Cancellation Policy
If you wish to cancel your car insurance policy then you may contact La Capital insurance directly. You may also inform your insurance broker who can help you with the cancellation process with La Capital. As per your situation, they may issue a refund and if you cancel early you may pay a cancellation charge.
Making La Capitale Car Insurance Claim
In order to file a car insurance claim, you may call 1800-461-0770 available 24/7. In case your car is damaged by fire or stolen then you may not pay a deductible. For any kind of loss or damage you may speak to the claims department and they will help you with the claims process.
How Can I Get La Capitale Car Insurance Quote
You may get a car insurance quote by calling 1855-208-7765. They are available on Monday to Thursday from 8 am to 9 pm, Fridays from 8 am – 8 pm and Saturdays from 8.30 am to 4 pm. Or you may also get a quote online through the website.
Contact Methods For La Capitale Insurance
- Phone: You may contact La Capitale customer service by calling 1855.208.7765. They are available Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 9 pm, Fridays from 8 am to 8 pm and Saturdays from 8.30 am to 4 pm. The contact number to ask for road assistance is 1877.671.8352 and they are available to assist you 24/7.
- Online access: There is an option to register and log in to your account online in the Client center to access your insurance policy and other products.
- Email: To send an email for your query you may use the online form on the website.
- Mail: The mailing address to send your query or documents is P.O. Box 17100 Quebec QC G1K 9E2.
We are not affiliated and make no representations or warranties, recommendations, or endorsements of La Capitale Insurance. This article is our review of La Capitale Insurance for information purposes only. The logos, trademarks, and copyrights mentioned in this article belong to La Capitale Insurance.