Johnson Insurance joined the RSA Group as a member in 1997 and offers various insurance products in over 130 countries. The RSA Group offers insurance coverage in more than 140 countries serving almost 17 million consumers. Founded in 1833, RSA has a strong background of over 300 years in Canada. They employ over 4000 employees across Canada. RSA offers insurance for auto, home, boat, travel, watercraft, pet, commercial, marine insurance, and global specialty through the member companies.
Unifund underwrites their car insurance policies. They don’t offer car insurance in Saskatchewan, BC, and Manitoba, and in Quebec, they provide alternative policies. Johnson Insurance has had scholarship programs since 1998 and awarded more than $1000,000 in academic grants and scholarships to students in Canada.
Johnson Auto Insurance Discounts
By adjusting your deductibles and coverage limit you may lower your car insurance premiums. At the same time, it is important that you have sufficient coverage to help you offset expenses in case of damage or loss. There could be savings or discounts on Johnson car insurance based on various criteria. Some of them are as follows:
- Bundle home and car insurance policies to get a discount.
- Insure all your vehicles with Johnson to qualify for a discount.
- Drivers with good driving experience and a clean record may also qualify for a discount.
- The drivers who follow rules and drive safely to avoid violations may get a discount.
- Employers, academic institutions, and associations membership can also get you a discount.
Optional Coverage You May Consider Buying With Johnson
Johnson Insurance offers mandatory car insurance coverage in Ontario as per law. The standard coverage includes statutory accident benefits, liability, uninsured motorists, and DC-PD coverage. They also offer optional extra coverage to get better protection for your car in case of any damage or loss.
- Comprehensive: This coverage will help you to claim for damages that are not caused by a collision. The deductible starts at $250. Examples include vandalism, theft, fire, etc.
- Collision: The coverage helps you to claim for damages due to collision and the deductible starts at $500. Examples include hit and run accidents.
- All Perils: You may claim for all perils covered by collision and comprehensive under this coverage and you can decide on the deductible. It also covers for theft of your car if it is stolen by a householder member.
- Specified Perils: Get protection for the specified perils on the car insurance policy with this coverage.
- Depreciation Benefit: Get the same value for your brand new car over a period of 24 months if you claim. If you already have comprehensive, collision, or all perils coverage then you are eligible to get this benefit.
- Rental Vehicle: In case you have comprehensive and collision coverage on your auto policy then you can also opt for rental car coverage. This is useful when you rent a car in U.S. or Canada for personal purposes.
- Loss of Use or Transportation Replacement: When you are not able to use your car when it is being repaired then you may claim for your transportation expenses.
- Roadside Assistance: Optional roadside assistance gets you the help you need when you are stranded if your car breaks down.
Johnson Car Insurance Cancellation Policy
If you wish to cancel your car insurance policy then you may contact 1800-804-0087 and speak to one of the Service Specialists. They will calculate your refund if any and issue it as per your policy conditions. When you cancel your policy early and not at renewal they may deduct a cancellation fee. This is the charge if they calculate the cancellation refund on a short rate basis.
Making Johnson Car Insurance Claim
To make a claim on your car insurance policy you may call 1800-804-0087 or 1844-468-2416. If you are not able to reach them you may also contact 1844-568-2049. After you call a claims specialist will confirm your car insurance coverage. They will explain to you the options to help with the replacement or repair of your car and assign a claims adjuster. The claims adjuster collects all the facts and data, coordinates an appraisal, and reports the findings to the insurance company.
To support your claim you may provide them with all details related to your accident. These include the time and location of the accident, details of other drivers, road and weather conditions at the time of the accident. You may also inform them of the extent of damage to your car and the number of passengers in the cars involved in the accident. You can also get information about the drivers involved in the accident such as license numbers, names, addresses, and contact numbers. The details about the vehicles will also help your claims process such as make, model, license plate, and car owner contact information.
How Can I Get Johnson Car Insurance Quote
To get an auto policy quote you may call 1877-787-0469. You may also check online for a quote and begin your search with your postal code on the online form.
Contact Methods For Johnson Insurance
Phone: You may contact Johnson Insurance for your general queries and call 1844-793-6278. Subscribed policyholders can call 1800-268-0268 to get roadside assistance. The claim contact number is 1844-463-1928. To speak to a licensed insurance agent you may contact 1888-739-1209.
Chat: There is an option to chat with a representative in Ontario on weekdays from 8 am to 8 pm and Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm.
Online: Policyholders can log in to their accounts online to check the policy status and make changes.
Billing: To make your payments or to ask billing queries you may call 1888-739-1209.
Callback: Get a callback by filling out a form on the website.
Complaints: If you need to complain about a concern on your car insurance then you could first call 1800-804-0087 and inform a service specialist. In case your complaint is about your claim you may speak to the claims department and escalate your issue. When you are not happy with the response from both the above departments then you have the option to contact the Complaint Liaison Officer. You may fax, email, or call 1888-385-1060.
We are not affiliated and make no representations or warranties, recommendations, or endorsements of Johnson Insurance. This article is our review of Johnson Insurance for information purposes only. The logos, trademarks, and copyrights mentioned in this article belong to Johnson Insurance.