Grey Power Insurance started operations in 1993 and offers insurance products and services to a niche market. This consists of motorists over the age of 50 years at reasonable prices to reward years of good driving experience. Mature drivers may be less likely to violate traffic rules, get into accidents and adhere to safety when you compare them to novice drivers. They offer insurance in Ontario, Alberta, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. In 2015 Grey Power became part of Belairdirect.
Belairdirect started operations in 1955 in Quebec and Ontario. They provide home and car insurance products to Canadians and are a pioneer in selling property and casualty policies online. In 1989 they became a part of Intact Financial Corporation. They started to offer car insurance quotes online in 1997 in North America. Belair Insurance Company Inc underwrites Belairdirect insurance policies and Belairdirect Agency Inc provides services. They have exclusive insurance agents to distribute their products and offer coverage for motorhomes, motorcycles, passenger vehicles, ATVs, trailers, and recreational & seasonal vehicles.
Grey Power Auto Insurance Discounts
They offer many discounts on car insurance policies for several criteria.
- You may get up to a 17% discount when you and your spouse get car insurance from Grey Power.
- When you bundle your home and car insurance policies then you may get up to a 15% discount.
- If your annual mileage is low then you may get a discount.
- You may get a discount if you drive a hybrid car.
- Experienced drivers with a good driving record may qualify for a discount.
- In case you have not claimed for a certain period of time then you may get a discount.
- Senior drivers get a discount for their mature driving experience over the years.
- You may get a 10% saving on your base policy premiums when you get a car insurance quote online. There are 2 options to get an online quote.
- Drivers over the age of 50 years may not pay a deductible when they claim for a hit-and-run collision.
Optional Coverage You May Consider Buying With Grey Power
In British Columbia, the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia offers mandatory Autoplan coverage. Grey Power offers optional coverage in British Columbia as below.
- Accident Forgiveness: This coverage helps to claim for the first 2 at-fault accidents and will not affect your good driving record. For drivers aged over 50 years, there is a 25% discount.
- Excess third party liability: The coverage helps to claim for injury or property damage that you cause to a third party. The minimum limit for this coverage is $200000 and you may purchase higher limits of $800k, $2.8 million, $1.8 million, $3.8 million, or $4.8 million.
- Collision: You may claim damages due to a collision.
- Comprehensive: This helps to claim damages that are not due to a collision.
- Autocomfort: Expenses for Loss of use, travel protection, and rental auto coverage are included in this coverage. You may also claim for living expenses, replacement rental, personal home return, towing, and vehicle home return expenses.
- Extended sound / Communication equipment coverage: You may claim for attached and mounted electronic and sound equipment that you install in the vehicle.
- Excess underinsured motorist coverage: This coverage extends to you and your family if an underinsured motorist caused damage. As per law you must have a minimum of $1 million coverage and may increase this limit up to $4 million.
- Limited windshield insurance: With this coverage, you may reduce your comprehensive coverage premiums. This will exclude some damages such as falling or flying objects that damage the windows or windshield.
- Roadside assistance: The coverage helps to claim for roadside emergency assistance services.
Grey Power Car Insurance Cancellation Policy
If you wish to cancel your car insurance policy then you may inform your insurance representative at any time. They will help with the cancellation process and refund if any. You may pay a cancellation fee as per the short rate table method for canceling early. This is the premium amount as costs for handling your policy. The other amount that they may not refund to you is the minimum premium amount that is mentioned in your insurance certificate.
Making Grey Power Car Insurance Claim
To file a car insurance claim you may call 1877-228-2656 and the claims department is available to help you 24/7. They guarantee that in 30 minutes of you notifying them about the claim, they will start the claims process. You may also track your car insurance claim by calling the claims department or sending them an email.
How Can I Get Grey Power Car Insurance Quote
You may get a car insurance quote by contacting an insurance agent. Or you may call 1844-757-2925 to get a personalized quote. To get a quote you may provide the driver, address, contact details, vehicle, and license information, driving record, and claims history. If you calculate a quote online then you may retrieve it at a later time to check on the website. You may search for an old quote by entering your last name, email address, and date of birth. For any help to use this form you may contact 1844-319-8730 and they are available on weekdays from 8 am to 6 pm and Saturdays from 9 am to 4.30 pm.
Contact Methods For Grey Power Insurance
There are many methods to contact Grey Power Insurance.
- Mail: You may write to Grey Power and send your documents to Suite 600, 750 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 0A2.
- Phone: If you wish to contact Grey Power then you may call 1844-757-2925. They are available on weekdays between 8 am and 6 pm and on Saturdays between 9 am and 4.30 pm PST.
- Email: The email address to contact Grey Power Insurance is email@example.com.
- Online account: You may log in online to track and manage your insurance policies.
- Complaints: To register a complaint you may call 1866-405-6763, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use an Online Complaint Form.
We are not affiliated and make no representations, warranties, recommendations, or endorsements of Grey Power Insurance. This article is our review of Grey Power Insurance for information purposes only. The logos, trademarks, and copyrights mentioned in this article belong to Grey Power Insurance.