Federated Insurance will design an insurance solution customized to fit the specific needs of your business, large or small local or national. Federated Insurance started operations in 1920 and is 100 percent owned by Canadians. Their financial strength is excellent with an ‘A’ rating and around 56 trade associations recommend them as they have a long-standing relationship with most of them. Some of the trade associations that recommend Federated Insurance include building and electrical contractors, agriculture, equipment, petroleum dealers, and much more. They not only offer property, automobile, and liability insurance but also underwrite the insurance policies. Federated Insurance belongs to the Fairfax family and offers insurance for the condo, home, tenant, auto, business property, and liability coverage.
They offer automobile insurance on private passenger cars, travel trailers, ATVs, campers, utility, motorcycles, and snowmobiles. Federated Insurance distributes and underwrites business insurance for more than 7000 businesses across Canada in all territories and provinces. They distribute insurance products through an exclusive channel of trained insurance specialists. There are regional branches in Laval, Calgary, Mississauga, Regina, Burnaby, Edmonton, London, and Quebec City.
The industries Federated Insurance has extensive experience with include, Automotive Dealers, Automotive Repairs, Bulk Fuel Dealers, Commercial Property, Electrical Contractors, Equipment Dealers, Grocery Stores, Health Services, Home Builders, Manufacturers, Mechanical Contractors, Printers, Professional Services, Restaurants, Shops and Retail Businesses, Tire Dealers, Trade Contractors, Wholesalers, Woodworkers, Small Businesses.
Although business insurance is their stronghold, Federated Insurance also has options for your Individual personal needs as well as added services for your business.
Services & Products Available at Federated Insurance Company
- Business Property Standard Coverages. Auto insurance, Commercial property, Vehicle Fleet insurance, Comprehensive Crime insurance, Computerized equipment Insurance, Storage Trailer Coverage.
- Business Liability Standard Coverages, Commercial General Liability, Commercial Umbrella coverage, Pollution Liability coverage.
- Business Interruption income protection in the event your operations are suspended due to a covered circumstance will pay your loss of net income and normal operating expenses. There is also coverage for extra expenses to facilitate you returning to business as usual and limiting your downtown and loss of business.
- Workforce coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, Critical Illness insurance, Key Person insurance, and Group benefits.
- Personal Home Insurance for your home and personal belongings. Liability insurance should someone have an accident on your property. (Not available in Quebec).
- Personal Condo Insurance covers your belongings and any and all upgrades you have provided to the property. Liability insurance. (Not available in Quebec).
- Tenant Insurance to protect your possessions in a rental home. Liability Insurance. (Not available in Quebec).
- Personal Auto Insurance. Comprehensive solutions are available for private passenger vehicles, campers, utility and travel trailers, motorcycles, and recreational vehicles. (Not available in Quebec).
Market Strength & Reliability for Federated Insurance Company
A.M.Best rated Federated Insurance “An (Excellent)” for their financial strength. A head office in Winnipeg, MN, and several offices in major urban centers across Canada Federated is 100% Canadian owned and a direct writing commercial insurance specialist for over 95 years. Automobile insurance, property insurance, and liability insurance are secured by Federated. Western Life Assurance Company underwrites all of the Life insurance and Health insurance products. Personal insurance automobile insurance and home, condominium, and tenant insurance are brokered by the McLennan Group and underwritten by Zenith Insurance, NGIC or NPIC
Federated Insurance Auto Discounts
Federated Insurance offers discounts on car insurance coverage based on several criteria. It depends on the driver and vehicle profile, location, etc. Some other factors they consider are safe drivers with good driving records, bundling of different insurance products, etc.
Optional Coverage You May Consider Buying With Federated Insurance
Federated Insurance offers mandatory auto insurance coverage as per the province regulation and optional coverage as per your need. The most popular additional coverage offered is the Collision and comprehensive coverage.
Federated Car Insurance Cancellation Policy
If you wish to cancel your car insurance policy then you could also contact your broker first. You may also inform Federated Insurance directly by calling 1844-628-6800 or 204-783-4443 and speaking to the advisor. As per your policy term remaining on the policy, they may issue a refund. In case you cancel your policy before renewal then you may pay a cancellation fee.
Making Federated Car Insurance Claim
To file a car insurance claim you may contact your broker first or you may also submit your car insurance claim online by using a form on the website. In case you wish to contact Federated Insurance directly to file your claim then you may contact 1855-616-6262. This number is the emergency contact number for the claims department. The claims team is available to help you 24/7 with the claim process.
How Can I Get Federated Car Insurance Quote
You may call 1844-628-6800 to get a car insurance quote. Or you may request a call back for your quote by filling out an online form. This form helps to get a quote for home, business, and auto insurance. Federated Insurance offers coverage solutions for personal and business needs.
Contact Methods For Federated Insurance
There are different methods you may use to contact Federated Insurance for your coverage queries.
Phone: You may contact Federated Insurance by calling 1844-628-6800 or 204-783-4443.
Mail: The mailing address to write to Federated Insurance is 255 Commerce Drive Winnipeg, MB R3C 3C9.
We are not affiliated and make no representations warranties, recommendations, or endorsements of Federated Insurance. This article is our review of Federated Insurance for information purposes only. The logos, trademarks, and copyrights mentioned in this article belong to Federated Insurance.
Leave A Comment