John Brown and Brian Harriott are the founders of HB Group Insurance Management Ltd. They started operations in 1979 based in Winnipeg. At that time they offered just home and auto insurance only to employers groups. Reed Stenhouse which was a global commercial brokerage purchased the HB Group in 1980 and spread operations in other provinces as well. Rapidly, they grew in sales and services across all the 10 Canadian provinces. The Co-operators joined Reed Stenhouse in 1986 to provide claims, management, and underwriting resources. A year later in 1987, they formed COSECO Insurance Company which became HB Group’s primary insurer.
The Co-operators group has offered farm, life, commercial, group, home, and auto insurance for over 30 years and in 1989 they bought HB Group. They administer home and auto insurance. The COSECO Insurance Company underwrites those policies and provides plans to over 300 Canadian companies. This includes professional associations, affinity groups, and sponsored groups. Around 200 licensed insurance representatives distribute insurance products and services and serve over 2 million Canadians.
Coseco Auto Insurance Discounts
They calculate your car insurance rates based on many criteria. These include your age, location, vehicle usage, make, year & model of vehicle, driving experience, claims & accident history, and your coverage level. There are many discounts on car insurance policies for several factors.
- Multi-Product Discount gives you savings up to 15% when you insure different products with Coseco.
- When you insure many vehicles with Coseco then you may get a Multi-Vehicle discount of up to 10% to 15%.
- A driver who completes a driving education program successfully qualifies for up to a 20% discount.
- Drivers who are full-time students and attend school away from home are eligible for up to 40% savings in premiums.
Optional Coverage You May Consider Buying With Coseco
Coseco Insurance Company offers mandatory car insurance as per standard requirements in the province. They also offer additional coverage that you may purchase for more protection in case of an auto loss or damage.
- You may increase the third-party liability coverage limit to either $1 million or $2 Million.
- The accident protector coverage protects your driving record when you have your 1st at-fault accident. So your premium will not increase.
- Accident Benefits Coverage gives more protection for loss of income due to an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage helps to claim for damages that are not due to a collision.
- Collision coverage helps to claim for damages due to a collision with a vehicle, object, or rollover.
- Family Protection coverage gives benefits to your family member who gets injured in an accident caused by an underinsured motorist.
- You may claim for loss of use coverage that helps with transportation expenses when your car is destroyed or damaged.
- Depreciation Waiver coverage helps to protect the value of your new car if there is a total loss and your car is beyond any repair.
- Vehicle Replacement coverage helps to reimburse rental expenses or public transit costs when your car is damaged, stolen, or destroyed.
Coseco Car Insurance Cancellation Policy
You may cancel your Coseco car insurance policy any time by informing your broker or by calling call 1800 810 4990. When you cancel your insurance at midterm then you may pay a cancellation fee and this is based on a short rate table method. They calculate your cancellation fee as per the number of months remaining on your policy term till renewal. To save this charge you may choose to cancel at regular renewal.
Making Coseco Car Insurance Claim
To file a car insurance claim you may call 1-800-394 4964 and speak to the claims department. They are available to help you with your claims process 24/7. It is recommended to submit your claim immediately from the date of loss but no later than 1 or 2 years as per the law in your province. You may provide photos, original invoices, appraisals, warranties, guarantees, etc. to support your claim. If relevant you may also report your accident to the police and get a police report number. The claims advisor will check if you have a loss of use coverage on your policy and then arrange for a rental car. In Ontario, if you don’t have collision coverage and the collision was not your fault then the other party’s insurance may pay for your rental car expenses.
You may choose a body shop that you prefer or one from the list of vendors for Coseco to repair your car. In case you are not happy with the repairs by one of the vendors then you may call the claims department and inform them. They will send a certified appraiser to do an inspection again and advise you about any rectification.
How Can I Get Coseco Car Insurance Quote
To get a car insurance quote, you may call 1-800-810-4990 and speak to a licensed insurance representative. You may also calculate a custom quote online on the website
Contact Methods For Coseco Insurance
Coseco Insurance has 3 contact centers in Laval (Quebec), Mississauga (Ontario), and St. John’s (N.L.). These contact centers have 200 (LIRs) or Licensed Insurance Representatives and there are many methods to contact them.
- Phone: You may call 1800 810 4990 to speak to an LIR who can help you with your queries.
- Claims: The contact number to reach the claims department is 1-888-394-4964 and they are available 24/7.
- Online: There is an online contact form that you could use to submit your query.
- Email: If you wish to make any changes to your policy then you may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not affiliated and make no representations, warranties, recommendations, or endorsements of Coseco Insurance. This article is our review of Coseco Insurance for information purposes only. The logos, trademarks, and copyrights mentioned in this article belong to Coseco Insurance.