Coachman Insurance was founded in 1979 and became a leader in residual automobile insurance over the last decade. The drivers who were denied coverage due to their risk class can approach Coachman Insurance for a car insurance policy. They provide an extensive range of products for commercial and personal insurance. Their clientele includes contractors, midsize business owners, and traders.
In 2001, SGI Canada bought Coachman. SGI Canada has been in the insurance industry for over 60 years. Now SGI offers property and casualty insurance through many subsidiaries. Coachman offers insurance services in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. This is done through a large network of insurance brokers. There are about 500 independent brokers that work for Coachman Insurance and the head office is located in Regina, Saskatchewan.
|Coachman Insurance Market Share||Quarter||Year|
Coachman Insurance did not file for rate changes in the 3rd and 4th quarters of 2010. The market share was at 0.40% in the 1st quarter of 2010. There was a marginal drop to 0.24% in the 2nd quarter of 2010. They did not have any rate filings in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters of 2011. The market share was 0.36% in the 4th quarter of 2011. The market share rose to 0.53% in the 2nd quarter of 2012. They did not file for rate changes in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th quarters of 2012.
They did not file for rate changes in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters of 2013. The market share was 0.46% in the last quarter of 2013. This stayed stable for the 1st quarter of 2014. Coachman Insurance did not file for rate changes in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters of 2014.
The market share stayed stable at 0.41% in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of 2015. They did not file for rate changes in the 1st and 4th quarters of 2015. The market share was stable at 0.41% in the 1st quarter of 2016. This marginally rose to 0.44% in the 2nd quarter of 2016. There were no rate filings for the 1st and 3rd quarters of 2016. The market share data for the last quarter of 2016 is not yet available.
Coachman Car Insurance Rate Changes Review
|Quarter||Year||Coachman Insurance Rate Change Approved %|
2010 – 2011 Rate Change Review
Coachman Insurance did not have filings for rate change approvals with FSCO in the 3rd and 4th quarters of 2010. The rate changes approved for the 1st quarter of 2010 increased by 6.10%. There was a decline in the rate changes approved by 5.83% in the 2nd quarter of 2010. In 2011 there were no rate changes approved for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters of 2011. There was a big increase in the rate changes approved by 9% in the 4th quarter of 2011.
2012 – 2014 Rate Change Review
They did not have any filings for rate changes in the 1st, 4th and 3rd quarters of 2012. There were no rate changes approved in the 2nd quarter of 2012. Coachman Insurance did not file for any rate changes in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters of 2013. There was a marginal decrease in the rate changes approved by 0.38% in the 4th quarter of 2013. The rate changes approved in the 1st quarter of 2014 was a huge increase of 12.48%. They did not file for any rate changes in the 4th, 2nd, and 3rd quarters of 2014.
2015 – 2016 Rate Change Review
Around 39 insurance companies filed for rate changes in the 2nd quarter of 2015. Coachman Insurance had a marginal decrease in the rate changes approved by 0.42% in that quarter. This further decreased by 0.71% in the 3rd quarter of 2015. In that quarter about 21 insurers filed for rate change approvals. They represented 51.23% of the insurance industry.
Coachman Insurance did not file for any rate changes in the 3rd quarter of 2016. There is no data for the rate changes in the last quarter yet. The rate changes approved declined by 7.53% in the 1st quarter of 2016. About 50 insurance companies filed for rate changes in that quarter. They were representing 83.36% of the insurance market. There were no changes to rates approved for the 2nd quarter of 2016. In that quarter, 25 insurance companies filed for rate change approval with FSCO. They represented almost 63.56% of the insurance market.
Coachman Car Insurance Quotes Review For the Same Car and Driver Profile Across Selected Cities
|City||Coachman Car Insurance Quotes*|
Coachman Auto Insurance Discounts
You can get a variety of discounts when you insure your car with Coachman Insurance. The following are some of the discounts.
- Multivehicle savings: If you insure more than 1 vehicle on the same car insurance with Coachman then you may qualify for a 5% discount.
- No claims discount: When you are claim-free for at least 5 years you may get a premium discount.
- Bundle discount: You can get a discount if you also have homeowner insurance.
- Winter tires discount: By getting 4 approved winter tires fitted from November 30 to March 31 each year, you may get a discount.
- Retiree discount: If you are a mature retired driver with a good driving record then you may avail of a discount.
- Loyalty discount: When you have an insurance history of 12 months or over with Coachman through a broker then that could get you a discount.
Optional Coverage You May Consider Buying With Coachman
Coachman offers mandatory car insurance coverage for standard auto policy. You may also purchase optional coverage.
- Collision: This will cover any damages to your car by rolling over or colliding with another car or object. Examples: Hit and Run, hitting a lamp post.
- Comprehensive: You can claim for any damages not due to a collision. Examples: Fire, riot, flood.
- All Perils: Combine collision and comprehensive to get protection against all perils. Examples: Hitting a fire hydrant, vandalism, theft.
- Specified Perils: The coverage helps you to claim for damages to your car due to perils specifically mentioned on the auto policy. Examples: Fire, theft, vandalism.
- New Vehicle Depreciation: The coverage helps to retain the value of your brand new car in the first 2 years. You will be able to claim the full value of your car if it is beyond repair.
- Loss of use: When your car is damaged and cannot be used then you may file a claim for rental expenses of the replacement car. The coverage limit will range from $1200 to $1500.
- Personal Liability Umbrella: You may be able to bridge the gap between the actual damages and the coverage limits on your liability coverage.
Coachman Car Insurance Cancellation Policy
You may call Coachman to cancel your policy anytime during the policy term. They calculate the refund based on a short rate method. Any handling fees will be deducted and then a refund will be issued to you as applicable.
Contact Methods For Coachman Insurance
- Call: You can contact the Coachman Insurance Toronto office by calling 416-255-3417. The fax number is 416-255-3347. The toll-free number to call anywhere from Canada is 1800-361-2622.
- Mail: The mailing address to write to Coachman Insurance Company is 10 Four Seasons Place, Suite 200 Toronto, ON M9B 6H7.
- Broker: You may use the broker locator tool to find the nearest local broker. Your search can narrow down based on postal code, location, or broker name.
Making Coachman Car Insurance Claim
To submit a claim you may call on 416-255-3417 on weekdays between 8.30 am – 4.30 pm EST. The toll-free number for the claims department is 1800-361-2622 and the fax number is 416-255-1454 (fax).
When you call claims it will be a good idea to have some relevant details with you to support the claim. You may note the other motorists, names, jurisdictions, driver licenses, vehicle plate numbers, and witness information. This information will help to process your claim faster and give the best outcome.
How Can I Get Coachman Car Insurance Quote
You can get a quote from a Coachman broker or agent. To find an agent location you may use the online tool on the website. You can also search based on the agent’s name or your location and postal code. The other option is to call on 1800-361-2622 to get a quote or the agent nearest to your location.
We surveyed Coachman car insurance Quotes in select Canadian cities for the purpose of illustrating the average quotes for a male driver aged 35 years in a city downtown with owned Honda Civic 2012 model car.
Please note that car insurance prices depend on many factors including your age, location, driving history, and more. So, to get a customized quote, please visit Coachman car insurance quotation page.
We are not affiliated and make no representations or warranties, recommendations, or endorsements of Coachman Insurance. This article is our review of Coachman Insurance for information purposes only. The logos, trademarks, and copyrights mentioned in this article belong to Coachman Insurance.