Canadian Direct Insurance offers property and casualty in Alberta and British Columbia. In BC they compete with the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) which is the provincial insurance provider to provide optional car insurance coverage. Canadian Direct started offering insurance products in BC in 1996. They offer home, auto, and travel insurance products. In 2015, Canadian Direct merged with Belairdirect in Alberta to offer insurance options. Belairdirect is part of Intact Financial Corporation. Canadian Direct Insurance head office is located in Vancouver, BC. More Rewards is a partner and you may collect More rewards points when you buy or renew your home or auto insurance policy from Canadian Direct.
Canadian Direct Auto Insurance Discounts
Canadian Direct offers many discounts on auto insurance policies as per several criteria.
- You may get a multi-vehicle discount of up to 10% when you insure all your vehicles with Canadian Direct. When you insure your car and home then you may get an additional discount.
- When you install an approved theft deterrent device such as an alarm or immobilizer system then you may get a security discount of up to 10% on the comprehensive coverage premium.
- If you drive a smart or hybrid car then you may qualify for a hybrid discount of up to 10% on the collision coverage premium.
- You may get a discount when you have good driving experience with no claims on your clean record.
- They also offer a Web discount.
Canadian Direct Car Insurance Coverage Options In BC
In BC you may get the basic Autoplan insurance as per law from ICBC which is the provincial insurance company. Canadian Direct does not offer this basic coverage that includes underinsured motorists, the third-party liability of a minimum of $200000, and no-fault accident benefits. However, they do offer optional coverage in BC as below.
- Excess Liability coverage: They offer this coverage to claim for third-party liability that exceeds your Autoplan coverage limit. You may purchase coverage for $800000, $2.8 million, $1.8 million, $3.8 million, and $4.8 million. Must purchase at least $3 million. There is no deductible when you claim under this coverage.
- Collision: You may claim damages caused by a collision with another person, object, vehicle, or ground. The coverage helps you to claim for damages even if you are not at fault. The deductibles for this coverage start at $300.
- Comprehensive: This coverage helps you to claim for damages not due to a collision. It covers other perils such as vandalism, riots, flood, theft, fire, windstorm, earthquake, etc. The deductibles for this coverage start at $200.
Canadian Direct Car Insurance Coverage Options in Alberta
In AB Canadian Direct offers mandatory standard car insurance coverage as per province. This includes accident benefits (section B), third-party legal liability (section A), and uninsured motorist coverage. They also offer optional coverage for added protection as below.
- Collision coverage: You may claim damage caused due to a collision.
- Comprehensive coverage: This coverage helps to claim for damages not due to a collision.
- Loss Of Use coverage: You may claim for the reasonable expenses of a rental vehicle under this coverage up to the coverage limit.
- Replacement Cost Coverage: This helps to retain the value of your brand new vehicle for the first 3 years since purchase. You may claim for repair or replacement expenses with new aftermarket parts. In case the cost exceeds the value then they may replace your vehicle with a similar vehicle.
- Legal Liability Damage for Non-Owned Autos: This coverage helps to claim for damages to your rental car in U.S. or Canada.
- Family Protection Endorsement: This endorsement helps to claim for injury or loss to family members in case of a collision. The coverage helps to claim for the balance if your liability coverage is not enough to cover the losses.
- Travel Protection: You may claim for renting, towing, accommodation expenses you’re your car is damaged or stolen.
Canadian Direct Car Insurance Cancellation Policy
You may cancel your car insurance policy by mailing a cancellation form that is available to download from the website. The mailing address to send this form is Suite 600, 750 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 0A2. There is also an option to fax your cancellation form to the BC office on 1877.515.4747 or 604.699.3860. The fax number for the AB office is 1866.413.5932.
Making Canadian Direct Car Insurance Claim
You may report a car insurance claim by calling the claims department on 604.699.3838 for Greater Vancouver or 1888.261.8888 for other areas. There is also an option to fax or mail Claim Report Form. The fax numbers for the claims department are 604.699.3856 and 1888.268.8880 and they are available 24/7.
It is a good idea to have information about your claim when you report the claim. These include your policy number, location, the date, time of the incident or loss, information about all parties, and description of the damage to your car.
How Can I Get Canadian Direct Car Insurance Quote
You may call 1888.225.5234 to get a car insurance quote. Or you may get a quote online. When you call to get a quote you may keep all the details about your car and driving record handy as well as details about your existing insurance if any. If you wish to renew your car insurance policy then you may renew your policy online.
Contact Methods For Canadian Direct Insurance
There are many ways to contact Canadian Direct Insurance.
- Phone: You may call 1888.225.5234 or 604.699.3838 to reach the call center in BC and speak to them on weekdays from 8 am – 6 pm. The contact numbers for the call center in AB are 780.413.5933 or 1888.225.5234. They are available on weekdays from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Fax: The fax numbers to send your documents to the BC office are 604.699.3860 and 1877.515.4747. To send your documents to the AB office you may fax them to 780.413.5932 or 1866.413.5932.
- Mail: In case you need to send a letter to Canadian Direct then you may mail it to either the Vancouver, BC address or Edmonton, AB address.
- Login: You may log in to your account online to update your policy details, download or view your documents, etc.
We are not affiliated and make no representations or warranties, recommendations, or endorsements of Canadian Direct Insurance. This article is our review of Canadian Direct Insurance for information purposes only. The logos, trademarks, and copyrights mentioned in this article belong to Canadian Direct Insurance.