Be the first to leave a review.
Calgary Auto Club and Edmonton Automobile and Good Roads Association merged together to form (AMA) Alberta Motor Association in 1926. AMA is affiliated with the (CAA) Canadian Automobile Association and the (AAA) American Automobile Association. In 1959 they started offering personal accident insurance and in 1962 they started selling automobile insurance. Now after 50 years of operations, the AMA has more than 95000 members. AMA has been offering roadside assistance, membership rewards, insurance, and travel bookings to Canadians since several decades. They offer home, auto, recreational vehicle, business, travel, health, life, farm vehicle and property, accident and liability and many other insurance products. Their centers are located in Calgary, Camrose, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Red Deer, St. Albert and Sherwood Park.
- 1 AMA Car Insurance Quotes Review For the Same Car and Driver Profile Across Selected Cities
- 2 AMA Auto Insurance Discounts
- 3 Optional Coverage You May Consider Buying With AMA
- 4 AMA Car Insurance Cancellation Policy
- 5 Making AMA Car Insurance Claim
- 6 How Can I Get AMA Car Insurance Quote
- 7 Contact Methods For AMA Insurance
- 8 *Methodology
- 9 Disclaimer
- 10 References:
AMA Car Insurance Quotes Review For the Same Car and Driver Profile Across Selected Cities
|City||AMA Car Insurance Quotes*|
AMA Auto Insurance Discounts
There are many benefits and discounts to members and AMA car insurance policyholders as per several criteria.
- You may get up to 10% discount for insuring many vehicles with AMA.
- When you bundle your home and car insurance with AMA then you may get up to 10% discount.
- A driver who completes an AMA driver education program may get a savings of up to $200.
Optional Coverage You May Consider Buying With AMA
It is mandatory to have the third party liability and accident benefits coverage in Alberta if you own or drive a car as per law. AMA insurance offers third party liability coverage limits ranging in $200000, $300000, $500000, $1 million and $2 million. They also offer optional coverage for added protection. Collision coverage helps to claim for damages caused by a collision. You may choose deductibles as $250, $500 or $1000. Comprehensive is another optional coverage and you could claim for damage not caused due to collision. The deductibles are $100, $250, $1000 or $500. The glass coverage is a separate coverage for your vehicle’s glass and when you make a glass claim it will not affect your main policy. The deductible for chip repairs is $25 and for replacing windshield it is $50.
You may also add certain special endorsements to your auto policy for better protection.
- Comprehensive limited glass cover (SEF 13D) helps to claim for glass repairs except for windshield damage.
- Loss of Use (SEF 20) helps you to claim for rental car expenses when you are getting your car repaired.
- Legal liability to non- owned vehicle damage (SEF 27) helps to claim for physical damage to your rented car.
- Accident rating waiver coverage (SEF 39) helps to retain your rates that will not rise after an at-fault or partially at fault accident for the first time.
- Limited waiver of depreciation coverage (SEF 43R) helps to cut down depreciation and gives you total value if your new car is a total loss within 30 months of purchase.
- Family protection coverage (SEF 44) helps you to claim for damages to you and family by an underinsured or uninsured motorist.
AMA Car Insurance Cancellation Policy
If you want to cancel your AMA car insurance policy then you may call AMA on 1800.615.5897 on weekdays between 8 am and 8 pm and Saturdays between 9 am and 5 pm. You may call the Calgary location on 403.517.4262 and the Edmonton location on 780.474.8777. It is important that when you call for cancellation all the policyholders named on the policy are present and can confirm their identity. If not then that person could give a signed letter in writing to approve the cancellation.
As per your policy, you may or may not get a refund. If you cancel early then you may have to pay a cancellation fee of a minimum of at least $100 and may be more as per the time remaining on your policy. To avoid this fee you may cancel at renewal when the policy term is coming to an end. There are certain exceptions to cancellation fee in situations such as relocation out of province, death of policyholder etc. If you paid an annual premium then you may get a refund for the unused months.
Making AMA Car Insurance Claim
You may file a car insurance claim with AMA by calling the claims department on 1888.426.2444 and they are available 24/7. There is also an online claim form that you could fill and an AMA claims specialist will respond within 1 business day to complete your claims process.
It is a good idea to have some information handy when you call to report an auto claim.
- Car insurance policy number
- AMA membership number
- Police file number if relevant to your loss or damage
- Details about the accident or loss such as time, date, vehicles, location, injuries, damages, witnesses, passengers etc.
How Can I Get AMA Car Insurance Quote
You may get a car insurance quote online on AMA website as per your driver and vehicle profile. There is also an option to get a quote over the phone and you may call 1800.615.5897 to reach the Calgary location or call 780.474.8777 to reach the Edmonton location. These locations are open on weekdays from 8 am to 8 pm and Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm and the advisors can help you with a quote.
Contact Methods For AMA Insurance
There are many contact methods for AMA Insurance as follows.
- Phone: You may call 1800.615.5897 to ask any general query. The contact number for roadside assistance is 1800.222.4357 and is available 24/7.
- Mail: The mailing address of AMA is Box 8180 Station South, Edmonton AB, T6H 5X9.
- Claims: In order to file a car insurance claim you may contact 1888.426.2444 and the claims department is available 24/7.
- Appointment: There is an option to book an appointment with an AMA insurance advisor by calling 1844.255.6556 or filling up a form online.
We surveyed AMA car insurance Quotes in select Canadian cities for the purpose of illustrating the average quotes for a male driver aged 35 years in city downtown with owned Honda Civic 2012 model car.
Please note that car insurance prices depend on many factors including your age, location, driving history and more. So, to get a customized quote, please visit AMA car insurance quotation page.
We are not affiliated and make no representations or warranties, recommendations or endorsements of AMA Insurance. This article is our review of AMA Insurance for information purposes only. The logos, trademarks, and copyrights mentioned in this article belong to the AMA Insurance.