Last Updated: Jun 2013
Information We May Collect
We may collect Personal Information, which is information that identifies you as an individual, such as: name, address, telephone number, and email address, among others. We may also collect Non-Personal Information, which is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as: computer or device type; browser information; internet domain address, domain server, IP address; usage activity; information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies; preferences and settings; geographic or demographic information; and other aggregated or general traffic information provided by you.
Please do not send us, provide, or disclose any sensitive Personal Information (for example, Social Insurance number; driver’s license number; credit card number (unless necessary to make a purchase); racial or ethnic origin or background; political, religious or other beliefs; organizational memberships or group affiliations; or criminal backgrounds on or through the Site or otherwise to us. We do not need this information at all.
To learn more about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How We May Use or Disclose Information Collected:
We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information
- upon your request, to obtain quotes, respond to your inquiries, or connect you with vendors, and other Third Parties who will provide you with information about products and services. Vendors and other affiliates may contact you to fulfill your requests
- for our administrative and operational purposes with service providers, usage analytics companies, or other Third Parties for purposes such as conducting data analysis and audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, generally identifying usage trends, or determining the effectiveness of our product or service campaigns
Your Information may be disclosed:
- to third party service providers who provide services in conjunction with the fulfillment of our services such as customer service, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, etc.
- if you request information from vendors so that they (or so that Third Parties who provide similar services) can provide you with information about their products and services. We are not responsible or liable for vendors’ use of your information; please refer to their privacy policies
- on an aggregated level, such as overall number of users, or anonymous geographic summaries, etc.
- to a Third Party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
Furthermore, your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, and by providing any information to us, you consent to the transfer of such Personal Information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules from your country of residence.
Third Party Sites:
Lastly, please note that we are not responsible or liable for the acts and / or omissions of Third Parties and vendors.
We use reasonably practical technical and administrative measures to protect information under our control. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the Internet, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage systems can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Should you have reason to believe that your interaction on our Site is no longer secure, please contact us immediately at info[@]RateLab.
If you would like to have your information removed from our data storage systems, please contact us, and we will make endeavor to comply with your request in a reasonable manner. Please note, however, that certain information may remain in archive up to ninety days due to the nature of automatic data storage systems. Additionally, we may still send you important administrative messages that you cannot opt-out from receiving.
Unfortunately, we are not able to remove your information from the databases of Third Parties. Should you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from these Third Parties, please contact them directly or utilize their appropriate opt-out mechanisms in their privacy policies or e-mails.
Use of Site by Children
The Site is not intended for or directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under thirteen, please do not provide us with any information. By providing information, you warrant and represent that you are thirteen or above.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will remove such information and terminate the minor’s account. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at info[@]RateLab. RateLab is committed to respecting the privacy of children online.
Changes and Updates