Things to Know About Insuring Infiniti Vehicles
Insuring an Infiniti vehicle, like insuring any other car, involves considering several factors to determine the premium rates and coverage options. Here are some key things you might want to know about insuring Infiniti vehicles:
1. Average Insurance Costs
- Premiums: Infiniti is a luxury vehicle brand, and insurance premiums for such cars can be higher compared to non-luxury vehicles due to their higher repair and replacement costs.
2. Model Specifics
- Models and Insurance Cost: Different Infiniti models may have varying insurance costs. Sportier models or those with larger engines, for example, may attract higher premiums than others.
- Safety Ratings: Insurers might consider the safety ratings of a vehicle when determining premiums. Some Infiniti models may have robust safety features that could potentially lower insurance costs.
3. Coverage Options
- Liability Coverage: It’s typically required and covers damages or injuries you cause to others in an accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Considering Infiniti is a luxury brand, investing in comprehensive coverage that protects against non-collision damages like theft or natural disasters might be wise.
- Collision Coverage: Helps to cover the cost to repair or replace your Infiniti if it’s involved in an accident.
4. Factors Affecting Premiums
- Driving Record: Your driving history plays a crucial role in determining your premium.
- Location: Your geographical location can impact your insurance cost due to varying risks of theft, accidents, and weather damages.
- Age and Gender: These demographic factors might influence your insurance rate.
- Safety Feature Discount: Some insurers may offer discounts for vehicles equipped with advanced safety features.
- Bundling: You might get a discount for bundling multiple insurance policies (e.g., auto and home) with the same company.
- Good Driver Discount: Having a clean driving record may qualify you for additional discounts.
6. Claims Process
- Ensure you understand your insurer’s claim process – what is required, timelines, and how to navigate through it efficiently.
- For luxury brands like Infiniti, ascertain if the insurer allows repairs with original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts.
7. Insurer Reputation
- Quality and Reputation: Choose an insurer that has a strong reputation and high-quality customer service.
- Reviews: Check customer reviews and the company’s history in dealing with claims, particularly for luxury vehicles.
8. Specialty Insurance
- Given that Infiniti vehicles fall into the luxury category, you might explore insurers specializing in luxury or high-value vehicles. These providers might offer specific coverages suited to premium vehicles.
9. Additional Protections
- Gap Insurance: It covers the difference between the car’s current value and the amount you owe on it in case it’s totaled.
- New Car Replacement: Consider adding this if you’re buying a brand-new Infiniti to ensure you get a brand-new replacement in case of total loss.
10. Shop Around
- Comparisons: Get quotes from various insurance providers to compare and choose the best-suited option for your Infiniti.
Do Infiniti Vehicles Cost More to Insure than Other Brands?
In general, Infiniti vehicles, being a luxury brand, tend to cost more to insure compared to some non-luxury brands in many regions, including Canada. The cost of insurance is typically higher for luxury vehicles due to several factors:
Factors Affecting Insurance Cost for Infiniti in Canada
- Value: Infiniti vehicles often have a higher market value compared to non-luxury brands, which can lead to higher premiums due to the potential higher cost of repairs or replacements.
- Repair Costs: Luxury vehicles like Infinitis may have expensive components and require specialized service, resulting in higher repair costs which can be reflected in insurance premiums.
- Safety Features: While many Infiniti models are equipped with advanced safety features which can sometimes help to lower insurance costs, the technological sophistication can also be expensive to repair, potentially offsetting these savings.
- Theft Rates: Certain models from luxury brands might be more likely to be targeted by thieves, which can influence insurance costs. However, this can vary widely by specific model and region.
- Driver Demographics: Luxury brands are often associated with a particular demographic of drivers, which might have statistically different accident rates and thus can influence insurance costs.
Comparison with Other Brands
- Non-Luxury Brands: Insurers might offer lower premiums for non-luxury brands because they are often less expensive to repair or replace and may have lower theft rates.
- Other Luxury Brands: Compared to other luxury brands, Infiniti models might have similar insurance costs, although it will still depend on various factors including model specifics, safety features, and more.
Additional Considerations for Canadian Drivers
- Province Variations: Insurance costs can vary significantly across provinces in Canada due to differences in insurance regulations and risk factors.
- Driver’s Profile: Individual driver factors, such as driving history and age, will also significantly impact insurance costs regardless of the vehicle brand.
- Usage: How the vehicle is used, whether for personal use, commuting, or business, will influence insurance costs.
- Policy Details: The details of the policy, including coverage types and levels, deductible amounts, and added endorsements, will also influence the cost.
Tips for Infiniti Owners in Canada
- Shop Around: Make sure to obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the most competitive rates.
- Discounts: Leverage discounts for which you may be eligible, such as multi-policy, multi-vehicle, or safe driver discounts.
- Increase Deductible: Consider increasing your deductible to lower your premium, but ensure it is still an amount you can afford in the event of a claim.
- Policy Review: Regularly review your policy to ensure you have the necessary coverage and to make any adjustments that might reduce your premium without sacrificing essential protection.
The Average Cost of Infiniti Car Insurance in Canada?
The cost of Infiniti car insurance in Canada can vary widely depending on various factors such as the driver’s age, driving record, location, and the model and year of the Infiniti vehicle. However, to give you a general idea, we can provide the average cost of car insurance for Infiniti models in each province:
- Alberta: $1,330 to $1,605 per year
- British Columbia: $1,900 to $2,600 per year
- Manitoba: $1,100 to $1,700 per year
- New Brunswick: $855 to $1,145 per year
- Newfoundland and Labrador: $1,190 to $1,525 per year
- Northwest Territories: $1,300 to $1,600 per year
- Nova Scotia: $950 to $1,315 per year
- Nunavut: Information not available
- Ontario: $1,605 to $1,990 per year
- Prince Edward Island: $865 to $1,150 per year
- Quebec: $755 to $1,180 per year
- Saskatchewan: $875 to $1,550 per year
- Yukon: $1,300 to $1,600 per year
The table below shows the Infiniti car insurance cost for a sample driver.
- British Columbia (BC)
- Vancouver: $1,950
- Victoria: $1,800
- Alberta (AB)
- Calgary: $1,500
- Edmonton: $1,550
- Saskatchewan (SK)
- Saskatoon: $1,100
- Regina: $1,080
- Manitoba (MB)
- Winnipeg: $1,300
- Brandon: $1,280
- Ontario (ON)
- Toronto: $2,200
- Ottawa: $1,950
- Mississauga: $2,150
- Brampton: $2,250 (higher due to traffic density and accident rates)
- Hamilton: $1,900
- London: $1,850
- Kitchener: $1,875
- Windsor: $1,820
- Barrie: $1,830
- Sudbury: $1,810
- Kingston: $1,790
- Thunder Bay: $1,800
- Vaughan: $2,100
- Markham: $2,050
- Oakville: $2,000
- Burlington: $1,970
- Oshawa: $1,930
- St. Catharines: $1,910
- Guelph: $1,890
- Cambridge: $1,880
- Waterloo: $1,870
- Brantford: $1,860
- Peterborough: $1,840
- Sarnia: $1,820
- Belleville: $1,800
- Niagara Falls: $1,790
- North Bay: $1,780
- Quebec (QC)
- Montreal: $1,700
- Quebec City: $1,650
- New Brunswick (NB)
- Fredericton: $1,300
- Moncton: $1,280
- Nova Scotia (NS)
- Halifax: $1,350
- Cape Breton: $1,320
- Prince Edward Island (PEI)
- Charlottetown: $1,250
- Summerside: $1,230
- Newfoundland and Labrador (NL)
- St. John’s: $1,400
- Corner Brook: $1,380
Infiniti Model Factors that Lower Auto Insurance Costs
Infiniti vehicles, synonymous with luxury and quality, possess various features that might influence auto insurance costs. Some factors related to the make and model of Infiniti vehicles that could potentially lower insurance premiums include:
1. Safety Features
- Advanced Safety Technologies: Infiniti vehicles often come equipped with advanced safety technologies such as adaptive cruise control, lane departure warnings, and automatic emergency braking, which can lower the risk of accidents.
- High Safety Ratings: Models that are highly rated for safety by organizations like the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) or the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) can be viewed favorably by insurance companies.
2. Anti-Theft Features
- Built-In Anti-Theft Systems: Infiniti models typically feature robust anti-theft systems, which may include alarm systems, immobilizers, and vehicle recovery systems, reducing the risk of theft.
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Etching: Some models may offer VIN etching on windows, which can act as a deterrent to theft and might be viewed positively by insurers.
3. Model Type and Usage
- Lower Performance Models: Infiniti models that are not positioned as high-performance vehicles (less sporty variants) may come with lower insurance premiums as they are less likely to be driven aggressively.
- Low Mileage: Models or variants aimed at a demographic that tends to drive less (thereby reducing accident risk) might be less expensive to insure.
4. Durability and Reliability
- Longevity: If certain Infiniti models are known for their durability and long lifespan, insurers might consider the reduced likelihood of claims for breakdowns.
- Low Depreciation: Models that hold their value well might be associated with owners who take good care of them, potentially influencing insurance premiums.
5. History of Fewer Claims
- Low Claim Models: If historical data indicates that specific Infiniti models are associated with fewer insurance claims, these models might enjoy lower premiums.
- Lower Repair Costs: If certain models tend to have lower average repair costs (due to, e.g., more commonality of parts), this could influence insurance costs positively.
6. Green/Eco-Friendly Models
- Hybrid or Electric Models: Some insurance companies offer discounts for hybrid or electric vehicles, which are viewed as environmentally friendly. If Infiniti offers such models, they might qualify for these discounts.
- Trim Levels: Different trim levels within the same model line may have varied insurance costs. Opting for a trim with more safety features and fewer high-performance attributes could reduce insurance premiums.
- Avoid Modifications: Keeping your Infiniti in its original, factory-standard state rather than making performance-enhancing modifications can keep insurance costs lower.
Infiniti Model Factors that Increase Auto Insurance Costs
Infiniti, as a luxury vehicle brand, may inherently possess certain characteristics that can influence insurance premiums. Some factors related to Infiniti models that might increase auto insurance costs include:
1. High Repair Costs
- Expensive Parts: Luxury vehicles, like Infinitis, tend to have costlier parts and may require specialized repair services, driving up insurance costs.
- Technological Sophistication: Advanced technologies and specialized components, while providing enhanced performance and safety, can be costly to repair or replace.
2. Higher Purchase Price
- Vehicle Value: The relatively high purchase price and value of Infiniti vehicles might increase comprehensive and collision coverage costs, since replacing or repairing the vehicle is generally more expensive.
3. Performance Models
- Powerful Engines: Infiniti models or trims with powerful engines and sporty characteristics may be associated with aggressive driving, possibly elevating the risk profile in the eyes of insurers.
- Higher Speed Capabilities: Vehicles with the capability to attain high speeds might be considered higher risk, potentially increasing insurance costs.
4. Theft Rates
- Target for Thieves: Certain luxury models may be more attractive to thieves due to their high value, and if an Infiniti model has a higher-than-average theft rate, this could affect insurance premiums.
5. Luxury Features
- Premium Components: The use of premium materials and components in Infiniti vehicles might increase repair costs, which can subsequently elevate insurance premiums.
6. Sports Models
- Sports Variants: Sports variants of Infiniti models, which may be designed for higher performance and speed, might be seen as higher risk and thus incur higher insurance premiums.
7. Younger Drivers’ Choice
- Demographic Appeal: If certain Infiniti models are popular among younger or inexperienced drivers (who are generally considered higher risk), insurance premiums might be elevated for those models.
8. Historical Claim Data
- High Claim History: If certain Infiniti models have a history of frequent or high-cost insurance claims, this could potentially raise premiums for those models.
- Convertible Models: Some insurance companies may charge higher premiums for convertibles (if available in the Infiniti lineup), considering them higher-risk due to reduced structural integrity and increased theft vulnerability.
- Modifications: Any modifications to enhance performance or aesthetics might further increase the insurance costs, as modifications can elevate repair costs and potentially increase the risk of accidents or theft.
- Rarity: If a particular Infiniti model is rare or has parts that are hard to find, insurers might increase premiums due to the potential difficulties and high costs related to repairs or replacements.
Tips for Finding Cheap Infiniti Car Insurance Rates
Finding affordable insurance rates for an Infiniti in Canada, especially considering it’s a luxury brand, may require a strategic approach. Here are some tips that might help you secure a more economical insurance rate for your Infiniti vehicle:
1. Shop Around
- Compare Quotes: Obtain and compare insurance quotes from multiple providers to ensure you’re getting competitive rates.
- Use Online Tools: Utilize online comparison tools to explore and contrast different insurance offers in the Canadian market.
2. Leverage Discounts
- Bundling: Combine multiple insurance policies (e.g., home and auto insurance) from the same provider to qualify for bundling discounts.
- Safety Discounts: Infiniti’s advanced safety features might qualify you for safety discounts. Ensure your insurer is aware of all your vehicle’s safety features.
- Multi-Vehicle: Insure all household vehicles under the same policy for potential multi-vehicle discounts.
- Loyalty Discounts: Some insurers might offer discounts for long-term customers.
3. Adjust Your Policy
- Higher Deductibles: Consider raising your deductible (the amount you pay out of pocket for a claim) to lower your premium. Ensure it’s an amount you can afford in case of a claim.
- Appropriate Coverage: Evaluate your coverage levels and ensure they’re suitable for your vehicle’s age and value. Older vehicles might require less coverage, such as dropping collision or comprehensive coverage.
4. Maintain a Clean Driving Record
- Drive Safely: A clean driving history with no or fewer claims and violations can significantly lower your premium.
- Defensive Driving Course: Some insurers might offer a discount if you take a recognized defensive driving course.
5. Choose Your Model Wisely
- Non-Sport Models: Opt for models or trims with a less sporty and more safety-focused orientation as they might attract lower premiums.
- Safety Ratings: Choose models with higher safety and lower theft ratings, if available.
6. Annual Mileage
- Low Mileage: Some insurers might offer discounts for low annual mileage.
- Telematics: Consider insurance plans that offer telematics or usage-based insurance (UBI), which sets premiums based on actual driving data.
7. Enhance Vehicle Security
- Additional Security: Installing additional anti-theft devices or parking your vehicle in a secured garage might fetch you further discounts.
8. Loyalty and Membership Discounts
- Membership Associations: Some insurers provide discounts to members of certain associations, clubs, or professions.
- Group Insurance: Check if your employer or any associations you belong to offer group insurance plans, which might offer better rates.
9. Payment Strategy
- Pay Annually: Opt to pay your premium annually rather than monthly to avoid additional administrative fees.
- Auto-Pay: Enrolling in automatic payments might also attract discounts from certain insurers.
10. Review Regularly
- Annual Review: Regularly review and reassess your insurance policy, particularly if there have been changes to your driving habits, vehicle usage, or personal circumstances.
11. Work with a Broker
- Professional Assistance: Insurance brokers can assist in finding the best deals and advising on the appropriate coverage levels and providers for your situation.
Some Interesting Facts About Infiniti:
Infiniti, as a luxury vehicle division of Nissan, has a fascinating history and several interesting aspects related to its brand, vehicles, and global presence. Here are some engaging facts about Infiniti:
1. Birth of the Brand
- Establishment: Infiniti was established in 1989 to create a separate luxury division for Nissan, aiming to compete with other luxury brands globally.
2. Global Debut
- American Market: Infiniti initially launched in the North American market, with a focus on providing a luxury vehicle lineup and exceptional customer service experiences.
3. Innovative Marketing
- Launch Campaign: Infiniti’s initial marketing campaign, which focused on serene nature images without showing the vehicles, is considered one of the most memorable – and debated – automotive campaigns.
4. Emphasis on Performance
- Performance Line: Infiniti introduced the IPL (Infiniti Performance Line) in 2010 to enhance its focus on performance and provide a sportier option for customers.
5. Japanese Market Entry
- Japanese Launch: Although a Japanese brand, Infiniti vehicles were not sold in Japan until 2013, focusing first on establishing itself in the American and other global markets.
6. Connection to Formula One
- F1 Sponsorship: Infiniti was involved in Formula One as a major sponsor of the Red Bull Racing Team and later the Renault F1 Team, highlighting its emphasis on performance and innovation.
7. Concept Innovations
- Concept Cars: Infiniti has showcased several forward-thinking concept cars, like the Q Inspiration and Prototype 10, emphasizing a future with electrified powertrains and autonomous driving technology.
8. Design Excellence
- Design Philosophy: Infiniti has been recognized for its distinctive design philosophy that merges powerful performance cues with elegant luxury details.
9. Move Towards Electrification
- Electric Future: Infiniti has announced its plans to move towards electrification, with a range of electric and e-Power hybrid vehicles, signaling a commitment to evolving with automotive trends.
10. Unique Technologies
- Steer-by-Wire: Infiniti introduced the world’s first steer-by-wire system, Direct Adaptive Steering, which eliminates the mechanical connection between the steering wheel and the wheels (except in emergencies), aiming to provide more precise control.
11. Luxury and Customer Service
- Customer Experience: Infiniti has often been highlighted for its focus on providing a luxury customer service experience, ensuring customers feel valued and engaged throughout their ownership journey.
12. Global Influence
- Global Reach: Despite its Japanese origins, Infiniti has established a substantial presence across the globe, including in markets like North America, Europe, China, and the Middle East.
All Infiniti Models
Here is a list of Infiniti models that are currently available in the market:
- Infiniti Q50: a compact executive car that offers a sporty driving experience and a range of advanced technology features.
- Infiniti Q60: a luxury sports coupe that features a bold, aerodynamic design and powerful engine options.
- Infiniti Q70: a mid-size luxury sedan that combines comfort, performance, and advanced technology.
- Infiniti QX50: a compact luxury crossover that offers a balance of performance and efficiency.
- Infiniti QX55: a luxury crossover with a distinctive, coupe-like design.
- Infiniti QX60: a mid-size luxury crossover with a spacious interior and advanced safety features.
- Infiniti QX80: a full-size luxury SUV with a powerful V8 engine and premium features.
What is the Average Maintenance Cost of an Infiniti in Canada?
Here are some general estimates on the average maintenance cost for an Infiniti in Canada:
- Alberta: $700 to $1,000 per year
- British Columbia: $800 to $1,200 per year
- Manitoba: $500 to $800 per year
- New Brunswick: $500 to $700 per year
- Newfoundland and Labrador: $700 to $1,000 per year
- Northwest Territories: $700 to $1,100 per year
- Nova Scotia: $500 to $800 per year
- Nunavut: Information not available
- Ontario: $800 to $1,200 per year
- Prince Edward Island: $500 to $800 per year
- Quebec: $600 to $900 per year
- Saskatchewan: $500 to $800 per year
- Yukon: $800 to $1,100 per year
Known Issues With Infiniti Vehicles
While Infiniti vehicles are renowned for their luxury, performance, and technological advancements, like any automotive brand, they have encountered some known issues across various models and years. It’s crucial to note that the occurrence of these issues can depend on various factors like the specific model, manufacturing year, and maintenance history. Here’s a general overview of some known issues with Infiniti vehicles:
1. Engine Malfunctions
- Oil Consumption: Some older models have faced issues related to excessive oil consumption, requiring owners to monitor and top off oil levels frequently.
- Timing Chain: There have been reports about timing chain noise and failure, particularly in certain models and years.
2. Transmission Problems
- Transmission Failure: Some owners have experienced transmission issues, such as sudden failure or problems with shifting gears.
- Coolant Leaks: In certain models, there have been instances where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing significant damage.
3. Electronics and Sensors
- Dashboard Malfunctions: There have been instances where Infiniti drivers faced issues with dashboard lights malfunctioning or providing inaccurate readings.
- Sensor Issues: Problems related to malfunctioning sensors, including oxygen sensors and air flow sensors, have been reported.
4. Braking System
- Brake Noise: Some Infiniti models have had issues with squeaking or grinding noises from the brakes.
- Brake Performance: There have been complaints about reduced brake performance or premature wear in certain circumstances.
- Steering Lock: Problems with the steering lock mechanism failing and subsequently preventing the car from starting have been noted in certain models.
- Power Steering Leaks: Some vehicles have experienced issues with power steering fluid leaks.
6. Suspension System
- Bushings and Bearings: Issues related to premature wear of bushings and wheel bearings have been reported.
- Suspension Noise: Some owners have indicated problems with noises coming from the suspension system.
7. Fuel System
- Fuel Gauge: There have been instances where the fuel gauge provides inaccurate readings or fails altogether.
- Fuel Sensor: Problems with the fuel level sensor malfunctioning have been observed in certain models.
8. Exterior and Interior Components
- Paint Quality: Complaints regarding the quality and durability of exterior paint have been noted in some models.
- Interior Wear: Premature wear and tear of interior components, such as seat material or control buttons, have been reported.
9. Air Conditioning System
- AC Failure: Some Infiniti drivers have experienced issues related to the air conditioning system not working optimally or failing.
10. Exhaust System
- Catalytic Converter: Issues related to the failure of the catalytic converter have been seen in some older models.
What is the Safety Rating of Infiniti?
Safety ratings for vehicles can vary significantly depending on the model and year. Different organizations conduct safety tests on vehicles, and therefore, a model’s safety ratings might differ depending on the testing entity. Two well-known organizations that provide safety ratings in North America are the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
NHTSA provides a 5-Star Safety Ratings program, where vehicles are rated on a series of safety criteria and awarded stars, with more stars indicating better safety performance.
IIHS provides ratings such as “Good”, “Acceptable”, “Marginal”, and “Poor” on crashworthiness and crash avoidance and mitigation. Vehicles that perform exceptionally well might be awarded the “Top Safety Pick” or “Top Safety Pick+” accolades.
Note on Infiniti Safety Ratings:
- Different Infiniti models and model years will have varied safety ratings.
- Some models may score excellently in certain safety tests and might be rated lower in others.
- More recent models might feature advanced safety technologies, potentially improving their safety ratings.
Specific Infiniti Model Safety Ratings:
To get accurate and specific safety ratings for particular Infiniti models and years:
- Visit Official Websites: Check the NHTSA (nhtsa.gov) and IIHS (iihs.org) official websites for detailed and up-to-date safety ratings.
- Infiniti Website: Infiniti’s official website might provide safety information on current models.
- Dealerships: Visit or contact Infiniti dealerships for safety information on the models they offer.
- Varied Results: Different models and model years may have different safety features and thus varied safety ratings.
- Advanced Safety Tech: Many Infiniti vehicles are equipped with advanced safety technologies (like Predictive Forward Collision Warning, Forward Emergency Braking, and Around View Monitor with Moving Object Detection), which can enhance the vehicle’s overall safety.
- Additional Reviews: Consider exploring additional vehicle review sites and automotive publications for further insights into the real-world safety and reliability of Infiniti vehicles.
Does Infiniti Get Stolen a Lot in Canada?
While Infiniti vehicles are generally considered to be reliable and well-built, they have been targeted by car thieves in Canada in the past. However, the theft rates can vary depending on the specific Infiniti model and location.
According to the Insurance Bureau of Canada, the Infiniti QX50 was one of the most frequently stolen vehicles in Canada in 2020, with 193 reported thefts. Other Infiniti models, such as the Q50 and QX60, have also been targeted by car thieves in the past.
Is Infiniti Easy to Steal?
Infiniti, being a luxury brand, incorporates various security features into their vehicles to deter theft and enhance the security of the vehicle. Some of the modern security features that you might find in various Infiniti models include:
- Intelligent Key System: This system typically provides a level of protection against theft by utilizing encrypted codes to prevent the engine from being started with an unregistered key.
- Vehicle Immobilizer System: Even if a thief is able to gain entry, the vehicle immobilizer system prevents the engine from starting without the correctly coded intelligent key.
- Vehicle Security System: Many Infiniti vehicles come equipped with a security system that sounds the horn and flashes the lights if unauthorized entry is attempted.
- Anti-Theft Window Etching: Some models may offer anti-theft window etching, which etches the vehicle’s VIN onto the windows to deter theft and assist in vehicle recovery.
- Advanced Camera Systems: Infiniti vehicles often come with advanced camera systems which not only aid in parking but can sometimes deter potential theft or vandalism.
However, no vehicle is completely theft-proof. Here are a few generalized factors and scenarios that might influence the ease with which any vehicle, including Infiniti, might be stolen:
- Age of the Vehicle: Older models without modern security features might be more susceptible to theft.
- Use of Technology: Thieves using advanced technology could potentially bypass electronic security features.
- Location: Vehicles located in areas with higher crime rates might be at increased risk.
- Theft of Key: Gaining access to a vehicle’s key or fob dramatically increases the ease of theft.
- Owner’s Habits: Leaving the vehicle unlocked or with the keys inside can make it an easy target.
To enhance the security of your Infiniti (or any vehicle), consider the following tips:
- Always lock your vehicle and keep the keys secure.
- Park in well-lit areas or secure garages when possible.
- Utilize additional anti-theft devices like steering wheel locks.
- Never leave valuables visible in your vehicle to avoid attracting attention.
- Consider installing a vehicle tracking system for recovery in case of theft.
List of Most Frequently Stolen Infiniti Vehicles in Canada
According to the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), the following are the most frequently stolen Infiniti vehicles in Canada:
- 2018 Infiniti Q50
- 2017 Infiniti Q50
- 2019 Infiniti Q50
- 2015 Infiniti Q50
- 2018 Infiniti QX60
- 2017 Infiniti QX60
- 2016 Infiniti Q50
- 2016 Infiniti QX60
- 2019 Infiniti QX60
- 2015 Infiniti QX60
Pros and Cons of Infiniti Vehicles
Infiniti vehicles, known for their blend of luxury and performance, have various attributes that can be seen as pros and cons depending on the specific model and the needs of the driver. Here’s a generalized breakdown:
1. Luxury and Comfort:
- High-Quality Interiors: Infiniti vehicles typically boast plush, high-quality interiors with a focus on driver and passenger comfort.
- Advanced Features: Many models offer advanced technological and luxury features, such as touchscreen infotainment systems, high-quality audio, and automated climate control.
- Powerful Engines: Infiniti vehicles often come with powerful engine options that provide robust performance.
- Responsive Driving: Many drivers appreciate the responsive and sporty driving experience that Infiniti models offer.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Infiniti vehicles are often praised for their sleek, modern designs.
- Quality Craftsmanship: Attention to detail and quality craftsmanship are noticeable in both interior and exterior design elements.
4. Advanced Safety Technologies:
- Safety Features: Infiniti often equips their vehicles with a suite of advanced safety features, including driver-assistance technologies.
- Safety Ratings: Several Infiniti models have received commendable safety ratings (depending on the model and year).
5. Brand Prestige:
- Premium Brand: Infiniti is seen as a premium brand, and owning their vehicles can be associated with a certain status and prestige.
- Initial Purchase Price: As a luxury brand, Infiniti vehicles can come with a higher initial purchase price compared to non-luxury counterparts.
- Maintenance Costs: Parts and maintenance for luxury vehicles might be pricier than more mainstream brands.
- Value Depreciation: Like many luxury vehicles, Infiniti models can experience notable depreciation in value over time.
3. Fuel Efficiency:
- Variable Efficiency: While there are models with decent fuel efficiency, the powerful engines in many Infiniti vehicles might not be as fuel-efficient as some rivals in their respective segments.
4. Interior Technology:
- Interface Critiques: Some drivers and critics have found Infiniti’s infotainment interfaces to be less intuitive or outdated compared to competitors.
- Mixed Reviews: Some models have received mixed reviews regarding reliability and have experienced certain common issues over time.
6. Resale Value:
- Variable Resale: Depending on the model and market, resale values for Infiniti vehicles might be lower than expected considering their initial cost.
- Bulkier Models: Some consumers might find certain Infiniti models to be bulkier or larger than needed, potentially affecting maneuverability and parking ease in urban settings.
Pros and cons can be somewhat subjective and may vary between different models and model years within the Infiniti brand. Therefore, for the most accurate insights, considering reviews and data specific to the model and year you’re interested in is advisable. Always ensure to test drive and conduct thorough research, considering your specific needs and preferences, before purchasing a vehicle.