Things to Know About Insuring Infiniti Vehicles
If you’re looking to insure an INFINITI vehicle, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- INFINITI models may be more expensive to insure than some other brands due to their higher-end features and overall value. However, insurance rates can vary widely depending on factors such as your driving record, location, and the specific model of your INFINITI.
- INFINITI vehicles are generally considered safe and reliable, with many models receiving high safety ratings from organizations such as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). This can help keep insurance rates lower for these vehicles.
- INFINITI offers a variety of advanced safety features in many of its models, such as blind-spot monitoring, forward collision warning, and lane departure warning. These features can help reduce the risk of accidents and may be eligible for insurance discounts.
- When selecting your insurance coverage, it’s important to consider your personal needs and budget, as well as any legal requirements for insurance in your region. You may choose to purchase liability coverage, collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, or a combination of these types of coverage.
- It’s also a good idea to shop around and compare insurance quotes from multiple providers to find the best rates and coverage for your INFINITI vehicle. Factors such as your driving history, credit score, and other personal information can impact your insurance rates, so it’s important to provide accurate information when obtaining quotes.
Do Infiniti Vehicles Cost More to Insure than Other Brands?
Infiniti vehicles may cost more to insure than some other brands due to a few factors, but it’s important to note that insurance rates can vary widely depending on the specific model, location, and other personal factors. Here are some factors that may impact the cost of insuring an Infiniti:
- Value: Infiniti vehicles are typically high-end luxury vehicles, which means that they may be more expensive to repair or replace in the event of an accident or theft. This can result in higher insurance rates.
- Safety: Infiniti vehicles are generally considered safe and reliable, with many models receiving high safety ratings from organizations such as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). However, the cost of repairing or replacing safety features or other damaged components can also impact insurance rates.
- Advanced Features: Infiniti offers a variety of advanced features in its vehicles, such as advanced driver assistance systems and other high-tech features. These features can make Infiniti vehicles more expensive to repair or replace in the event of an accident, which can result in higher insurance rates.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary widely depending on the location where the vehicle is registered and garaged. Factors such as crime rates, traffic volume, and weather conditions can impact insurance rates.
The Average Cost of Infiniti Car Insurance in Canada?
The cost of Infiniti car insurance in Canada can vary widely depending on various factors such as the driver’s age, driving record, location, and the model and year of the Infiniti vehicle. However, to give you a general idea, we can provide the average cost of car insurance for Infiniti models in each province:
- Alberta: $1,330 to $1,605 per year
- British Columbia: $1,900 to $2,600 per year
- Manitoba: $1,100 to $1,700 per year
- New Brunswick: $855 to $1,145 per year
- Newfoundland and Labrador: $1,190 to $1,525 per year
- Northwest Territories: $1,300 to $1,600 per year
- Nova Scotia: $950 to $1,315 per year
- Nunavut: Information not available
- Ontario: $1,605 to $1,990 per year
- Prince Edward Island: $865 to $1,150 per year
- Quebec: $755 to $1,180 per year
- Saskatchewan: $875 to $1,550 per year
- Yukon: $1,300 to $1,600 per year
The table below shows the Infiniti car insurance cost for a sample driver.
|City||Average Infiniti Car Insurance Cost*|
Keep in mind that these are just rough estimates and the actual cost of insurance for a specific Toyota vehicle could vary depending on many individual factors. It’s always a good idea to shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best rate.
Infiniti Model Factors that Lower Auto Insurance Costs
The cost of auto insurance for an Infiniti vehicle can be influenced by several factors, such as the car’s model, year, features, and safety ratings. Here are some Infiniti model factors that may help lower your auto insurance costs:
- Safety Features: Many Infiniti models come equipped with advanced safety features like lane departure warning, forward collision warning, and automatic emergency braking, which can help prevent accidents and reduce the severity of crashes. Cars with these features are generally cheaper to insure.
- Anti-Theft Devices: Infiniti cars are often equipped with security features like anti-theft alarms, immobilizers, and vehicle tracking systems. These devices can help deter theft and make it easier to recover the car if it is stolen, which may lead to lower insurance premiums.
- Crash Test Ratings: Infiniti vehicles have generally received high ratings in crash tests conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Cars with high crash test ratings are usually cheaper to insure.
- Driving Record: Your driving history, including any traffic violations or accidents, can affect your auto insurance premiums regardless of the car you drive. Having a clean driving record can help you get lower insurance rates.
- Model and Year: The model and year of your Infiniti vehicle can also affect your insurance premiums. Older cars and lower-end models may have lower premiums than newer, high-performance models. Additionally, some Infiniti models may be more expensive to repair, which can result in higher insurance rates.
Infiniti Model Factors that Increase Auto Insurance Costs
The cost of auto insurance for an Infiniti vehicle can be influenced by several factors, such as the car’s model, year, features, and safety ratings. Here are some Infiniti model factors that may increase your auto insurance costs:
- High-Performance Models: Infiniti offers several high-performance models, such as the Q50, Q60, and QX50. These models often come with powerful engines and advanced technology, which can make them more expensive to repair or replace in the event of an accident. As a result, insurance premiums for high-performance Infiniti models are usually higher.
- Expensive Parts: Infiniti cars are often equipped with high-end features, which can make them more expensive to repair or replace. For example, features like adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, and lane departure warning may require specialized parts or repairs that can increase the cost of insurance.
- Newer Models: Newer Infiniti models may be more expensive to insure than older models due to their higher value and more advanced technology. The cost of repairs and replacement parts for newer Infiniti models can also be more expensive, which can result in higher insurance rates.
- Driving Record: Your driving history, including any traffic violations or accidents, can affect your auto insurance premiums regardless of the car you drive. If you have a history of accidents or traffic violations, your insurance premiums may be higher.
- Location: Your location can also affect your Infiniti insurance rates. If you live in an area with high traffic, crime rates, or inclement weather, your insurance premiums may be higher.
Tips for Finding Cheap Infiniti Car Insurance Rates.
Here are some additional tips for finding cheap Infiniti car insurance rates that are specifically related to the model of the Infiniti vehicle:
- Choose a model with good safety ratings: Infiniti models with high safety ratings are often cheaper to insure. Look for models with advanced safety features like forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, and lane departure warning, which can help prevent accidents and reduce the severity of crashes.
- Choose a lower-end model: Higher-end Infiniti models with more advanced features and powerful engines may be more expensive to insure. Choosing a lower-end model or a used vehicle may help lower your insurance rates.
- Consider an older model: The value of a vehicle is one of the factors that insurance companies consider when setting rates. An older Infiniti model may have a lower value and may be less expensive to insure.
- Pay attention to the deductible: A higher deductible can lower your insurance premiums, but it also means you’ll have to pay more out of pocket if you’re in an accident. If you have an older Infiniti model or one with a lower value, you may be able to save money by choosing a higher deductible.
- Consider adding safety features: If your Infiniti model doesn’t come with advanced safety features, consider adding them. Some insurance companies offer discounts for safety features like anti-lock brakes, airbags, and electronic stability control.
Some Interesting Facts About Infiniti:
Here are some interesting facts about Infiniti:
- Infiniti is the luxury division of Japanese automaker Nissan Motor Company.
- Infiniti was first launched in the United States in 1989 as a rival to other luxury car brands like Lexus, Acura, and BMW.
- The Infiniti brand is currently sold in over 50 countries worldwide.
- Infiniti models are known for their powerful engines, advanced technology, and sporty designs.
- Infiniti is the first car brand to use a direct electronically-controlled gasoline injection system.
- The Infiniti QX60 has been named one of the safest cars on the road by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
- Infiniti has partnered with the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance to develop electric and self-driving cars.
- Infiniti offers a unique concierge service called Infiniti Personal Assistant, which provides 24-hour access to a team of assistants who can help with everything from restaurant reservations to travel planning.
- The Infiniti Q60 Project Black S concept car features Formula One-inspired technology, including a dual-hybrid powertrain and advanced aerodynamics.
- Infiniti has won several awards for its innovative designs, including the prestigious Red Dot Design Award and the International Design Excellence Award.
All Infiniti Models
Here is a list of Infiniti models that are currently available in the market:
- Infiniti Q50: a compact executive car that offers a sporty driving experience and a range of advanced technology features.
- Infiniti Q60: a luxury sports coupe that features a bold, aerodynamic design and powerful engine options.
- Infiniti Q70: a mid-size luxury sedan that combines comfort, performance, and advanced technology.
- Infiniti QX50: a compact luxury crossover that offers a balance of performance and efficiency.
- Infiniti QX55: a luxury crossover with a distinctive, coupe-like design.
- Infiniti QX60: a mid-size luxury crossover with a spacious interior and advanced safety features.
- Infiniti QX80: a full-size luxury SUV with a powerful V8 engine and premium features.
What is the Average Maintenance Cost of an Infiniti in Canada?
Here are some general estimates on the average maintenance cost for an Infiniti in Canada:
- Alberta: $700 to $1,000 per year
- British Columbia: $800 to $1,200 per year
- Manitoba: $500 to $800 per year
- New Brunswick: $500 to $700 per year
- Newfoundland and Labrador: $700 to $1,000 per year
- Northwest Territories: $700 to $1,100 per year
- Nova Scotia: $500 to $800 per year
- Nunavut: Information not available
- Ontario: $800 to $1,200 per year
- Prince Edward Island: $500 to $800 per year
- Quebec: $600 to $900 per year
- Saskatchewan: $500 to $800 per year
- Yukon: $800 to $1,100 per year
Known Issues With Infiniti Vehicles
While Infiniti vehicles are known for their quality and reliability, like any vehicle, they may experience certain issues over time. Here are some known issues with Infiniti vehicles:
- Faulty Radiator Transmission Cooler: Some Infiniti models, including the Q50, Q60, and QX60, may experience transmission problems caused by a faulty radiator transmission cooler. This issue can cause the transmission to overheat and fail, leading to expensive repairs.
- Airbag Defects: In 2013, Infiniti recalled more than 200,000 vehicles due to an airbag defect that could cause the airbags to deploy unexpectedly. The affected models included the FX35, FX45, and M35.
- Steering Issues: Some Infiniti models, including the Q50 and Q60, may experience steering problems caused by a defective steering rack. This issue can cause the steering to become stiff or unresponsive, leading to safety concerns.
- Brake Problems: Infiniti vehicles may experience issues with the brake system, including problems with the brake pads and rotors. These issues can cause reduced braking performance and increased stopping distance.
- Electrical System Issues: Some Infiniti models, including the Q50 and Q60, may experience problems with the electrical system, including issues with the backup camera, infotainment system, and power windows.
What is the Safety Rating of Infiniti?
Infiniti vehicles generally have good safety ratings from both the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
For the 2021 model year, several Infiniti vehicles received high safety ratings from the NHTSA. The Infiniti Q50 and QX50 both received 5-star overall safety ratings, while the Q60, QX55, and QX80 received 4-star overall safety ratings.
Additionally, several Infiniti models have earned the IIHS Top Safety Pick or Top Safety Pick+ designation, which is awarded to vehicles that receive high ratings in a variety of crash tests and have advanced safety features. For example, the 2021 Infiniti Q50 and QX60 both earned the IIHS Top Safety Pick+ designation, while the QX50 earned the Top Safety Pick designation.
Overall, Infiniti models are typically well-regarded for their advanced safety features and performance in crash tests. However, it’s important to note that individual model ratings can vary, and not all Infiniti vehicles will receive the same safety ratings. If safety is a top priority for you, be sure to research the specific Infiniti model you’re interested in and check its safety ratings from the NHTSA and IIHS.
Does Infiniti Get Stolen a Lot in Canada?
While Infiniti vehicles are generally considered to be reliable and well-built, they have been targeted by car thieves in Canada in the past. However, the theft rates can vary depending on the specific Infiniti model and location.
According to the Insurance Bureau of Canada, the Infiniti QX50 was one of the most frequently stolen vehicles in Canada in 2020, with 193 reported thefts. Other Infiniti models, such as the Q50 and QX60, have also been targeted by car thieves in the past.
Is Infiniti Easy to Steal?
Infiniti vehicles, like many other car brands, may be vulnerable to theft due to various factors, such as their popularity, the availability of replacement parts, and the use of keyless entry systems.
One reason why Infiniti vehicles may be targeted by car thieves is their popularity and value. Infiniti vehicles are known for their luxury features and high-end designs, which can make them attractive targets for thieves who want to steal and resell them on the black market.
Another factor that can make Infiniti vehicles easy to steal is the availability of replacement parts. Some Infiniti models may have parts that can be easily removed and sold, such as the catalytic converter, which can be stolen in just a few minutes.
Finally, the use of keyless entry systems in Infiniti vehicles can also make them more vulnerable to theft. Thieves can use special devices to intercept the signal between the key fob and the car’s computer, allowing them to unlock the doors and start the engine without a key. This is known as a “relay attack,” and it can be difficult to prevent without using additional security measures such as a steering wheel lock or a tracking device.
It’s important to note that car theft is a complex issue, and not all Infiniti vehicles will be equally vulnerable to theft. Taking preventative measures such as parking in well-lit areas, using anti-theft devices, and keeping your car locked can help reduce the risk of theft.
List of Most Frequently Stolen Infiniti Vehicles in Canada
According to the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), the following are the most frequently stolen Infiniti vehicles in Canada:
- 2018 Infiniti Q50
- 2017 Infiniti Q50
- 2019 Infiniti Q50
- 2015 Infiniti Q50
- 2018 Infiniti QX60
- 2017 Infiniti QX60
- 2016 Infiniti Q50
- 2016 Infiniti QX60
- 2019 Infiniti QX60
- 2015 Infiniti QX60
Pros and Cons of Infiniti Vehicles
Here are some pros and cons of Infiniti vehicles:
- Luxury features: Infiniti vehicles are known for their high-end features and luxurious interiors, including premium materials, advanced technology, and a range of safety features.
- Performance: Infiniti models are often praised for their powerful engines and sporty driving experience, making them a popular choice among drivers who enjoy performance-oriented cars.
- Reliability: Infiniti vehicles are generally considered to be reliable and well-built, with many models earning high safety ratings and receiving positive reviews from owners and experts.
- Style: Infiniti vehicles are designed with a sleek, modern look that sets them apart from other luxury car brands.
- Price: Infiniti vehicles can be expensive, especially compared to non-luxury brands. The cost of ownership, including maintenance, repairs, and insurance, can also be higher than average.
- Fuel economy: Infiniti models are known for their performance, but this can come at the cost of fuel efficiency. Many Infiniti vehicles have lower fuel economy ratings compared to similar models from other brands.
- Reliability issues: While Infiniti vehicles are generally considered to be reliable, there have been some issues with certain models and components, such as transmission problems and airbag defects.
- Theft risk: As mentioned earlier, some Infiniti models have been targeted by car thieves due to their popularity and features, which can make them more vulnerable to theft.
Leave A Comment