Things to Know About Insuring Buick Vehicles
Buick is an American car brand owned by General Motors. If you are considering purchasing a Buick, there are a few things you should know about insuring these vehicles:
- Cost of insurance: The cost of insurance for a Buick can vary depending on several factors, including the model and the driver’s age, location, and driving history. However, in general, Buick vehicles are considered affordable to insure.
- Safety features: Many Buick models are equipped with advanced safety features such as forward collision warning, lane departure warning, and blind spot monitoring. These features may help reduce the risk of accidents and lower insurance rates.
- Repair costs: Repair costs for Buick vehicles can vary depending on the model and year. However, in general, Buick vehicles are known for their reliability, which can help keep repair costs low.
- Vehicle theft: Buick vehicles are not commonly targeted by thieves, which can help keep insurance rates low.
- Discounts: Many insurance companies offer discounts for features such as anti-theft devices and advanced safety features, which are often found on Buick vehicles. Additionally, discounts may be available for safe driving habits, multiple vehicles on a policy, and bundling with other insurance products.
Do Buick Vehicles Cost More to Insure than Other Brands?
The cost of insurance for a Buick vehicle will depend on various factors, such as the model, year, location, driver history, and the insurance company’s policy. In general, Buick vehicles are not known for being particularly expensive to insure compared to other brands. The actual cost of insurance will vary from person to person, and it is always a good idea to shop around and compare insurance rates from different companies to find the best deal.
The Average Cost of Buick Car Insurance in Canada?
The average cost of car insurance for a Buick is $1,013 in Canada. It’s $82 per month.
The table below shows the Buick car insurance cost for a sample driver.
|City||Average Buick Car Insurance Cost*|
Buick Model Factors that Lower Auto Insurance Costs
There are several factors that could lower the auto insurance costs of Buick models. Here are some examples:
- Safety features: Buick models are known for their advanced safety features, such as lane departure warning, rear cross-traffic alert, and forward collision warning. These features could help reduce the risk of accidents and lower insurance costs.
- Anti-theft devices: Many Buick models come with anti-theft devices, such as engine immobilizers and alarm systems, which could help lower the risk of theft and reduce insurance costs.
- Low repair costs: Buick models are generally reliable and have lower repair costs compared to other luxury brands, which could result in lower insurance premiums.
- Good credit score: Insurance companies often offer lower rates to drivers with good credit scores, and Buick drivers tend to have above-average credit scores.
- Low accident rates: Buick drivers tend to have a lower accident rate compared to other luxury car brands, which could result in lower insurance premiums.
Buick Model Factors that Increase Auto Insurance Costs
There are several factors specific to Buick models that may increase auto insurance costs, including:
- Model and trim level: Some Buick models and higher trim levels may be more expensive to insure due to their higher value and increased cost of repairs in the event of an accident.
- Safety features: While Buick models are generally known for their safety features, not all models have the same level of advanced safety technology. Models with more advanced safety features may be less expensive to insure.
- Age of the vehicle: Older Buick models may be more expensive to insure due to the increased likelihood of mechanical issues and higher repair costs.
- Driver history: As with any vehicle, a driver’s personal history, such as their driving record and age, can impact the cost of insurance. A history of accidents, traffic violations, or a young driver on the policy can increase insurance rates.
Tips for Finding Cheap Buick Car Insurance Rates
Here are some tips for finding cheap Buick car insurance rates:
- Shop around: The easiest way to find the cheapest insurance rate for your Buick is to shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance providers.
- Increase your deductible: A higher deductible means you’ll pay more out of pocket if you get in an accident, but it can also lower your monthly insurance premium.
- Take advantage of discounts: Most insurance providers offer a variety of discounts, such as safe driver discounts, multi-car discounts, and more. Check with your provider to see if you qualify for any discounts.
- Choose a safe Buick model: Some Buick models are safer than others, so choosing a safer model could lead to lower insurance rates.
- Drive safely: Maintaining a clean driving record with no accidents or tickets can help keep your insurance rates low.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance providers offer usage-based insurance programs that track your driving behavior, such as speed, braking, and mileage. If you’re a safe driver, this can help lower your insurance premiums.
- Bundle your insurance policies: If you have multiple insurance policies, such as home and auto insurance, bundling them together can often result in a discount.
Some Interesting Facts About Buick:
Here are some interesting facts about Buick:
- Founded in 1899, Buick is one of the oldest car brands in the world.
- Buick is a luxury car brand that is known for producing high-quality vehicles that are both stylish and reliable.
- Buick has a rich history of producing innovative cars and is credited with introducing the first turn signals, power windows, and V8 engine.
- Buick’s current lineup includes the Enclave, Encore, Envision, Regal, and LaCrosse.
- Buick is a division of General Motors and is sold in North America, China, and other international markets.
- Buick has won a number of awards and accolades over the years, including being named the most dependable mass-market brand in J.D. Power’s 2019 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study.
- Buick has a loyal following of customers who appreciate the brand’s combination of style, performance, and reliability.
All Buick Models
Here are some of the current Buick models available in North America:
- Buick Encore
- Buick Encore GX
- Buick Envision
- Buick Enclave
- Buick Regal TourX
- Buick LaCrosse (discontinued after the 2019 model year)
- Buick Cascada (discontinued after the 2019 model year)
- Buick Verano (discontinued after the 2017 model year)
It’s worth noting that the availability of Buick models can vary depending on the market and production year.
What is the Average Maintenance Cost of a Buick in Canada?
The average maintenance cost of a Buick varies depending on the model and the type of maintenance required. The average annual maintenance cost for a Buick is $608, which is lower than the average for most other brands. However, this cost can vary depending on factors such as the age of the vehicle, its condition, and the type of maintenance needed. It’s important to consult your owner’s manual and schedule regular maintenance to help keep your Buick running smoothly and avoid costly repairs.
Known Issues With Buick Vehicles
Some known issues with Buick vehicles include:
- Electrical system problems, which can cause issues with the car’s lighting, stereo system, and other electronic components.
- Engine problems, including oil leaks and issues with the engine’s timing chain.
- Transmission problems, including issues with the transmission’s torque converter and other components.
- Suspension problems, which can cause issues with the car’s handling and ride quality.
- Brake problems, including issues with the brake pads and rotors.
What is the Safety Rating of Buick?
The safety ratings of Buick vehicles vary depending on the specific model and year. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) provides safety ratings for new cars and trucks, including Buick models, on its website. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) also provides safety ratings for Buick models. It’s recommended to check the safety ratings of specific models to determine their safety level.
Does Buick Get Stolen a Lot in Canada?
According to Statistics Canada, Buick vehicles are not among the most commonly stolen vehicles in Canada. However, specific models may be more targeted than others, and theft can still occur. It’s always important to take proper precautions to protect your vehicle from theft, such as using anti-theft devices and parking in well-lit areas.
Is Buick Easy to Steal?
There is no evidence to suggest that Buick vehicles are more likely to be stolen than other vehicles, nor that they are particularly easy to steal. However, like with any vehicle, it is still important to take steps to protect your Buick from theft, such as parking in a well-lit area and installing an anti-theft device.
List of Most Frequently Stolen Buick Vehicles in Canada
According to the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), the following are the most frequently stolen Buick vehicles in Canada:
- 2017 Buick Encore
- 2019 Buick Encore
- 2018 Buick Encore
- 2016 Buick Verano
- 2015 Buick Verano
- 2019 Buick Envision
- 2018 Buick Enclave
- 2017 Buick Verano
- 2016 Buick Encore
- 2013 Buick Verano
Pros and Cons of Buick Vehicles
Buick is a brand that has been around for over 100 years and is known for its comfort, reliability, and luxury features. Here are some of the pros and cons of owning a Buick vehicle:
- Comfortable ride: Buicks are designed to provide a smooth and comfortable ride, which makes them great for long drives and daily commutes.
- Reliable: Buicks are known for their dependability and have been recognized for their low maintenance and repair costs.
- Luxury features: Many Buick models come with luxury features such as leather seats, heated steering wheels, and advanced infotainment systems.
- Quiet cabin: Buicks are designed to provide a quiet and peaceful driving experience with excellent soundproofing that blocks out road and wind noise.
- Higher price: Buicks are generally more expensive than other brands, which may be a drawback for some buyers.
- Limited model options: Buick offers a limited number of models, which may not provide enough variety for some buyers.
- Style: Buick’s design may not appeal to everyone, and some people may find their vehicles to be too conservative or outdated.
- Fuel efficiency: Buicks are not known for their fuel efficiency, which can be a disadvantage for people looking to save money on gas.
Overall, Buick vehicles are a great choice for people looking for a reliable, comfortable, and luxurious ride. However, the higher price and limited model options may be a drawback for some buyers.
Leave A Comment