Since 1923 Empire Life has been a proud Canadian company offering individual and group life and health insurance, mutual funds, and products for investment and retirement through their subsidiary Empire Life Investments Inc.
Making it simple for Canadians to build their wealth, create a new income source, and get everything they need in terms of insurance and benefits coverage. Empire Life has the vision to become Canada’s most convenient insurance and investment company. Empire Life’s core values of mutual respect, holding each other accountable, being honest, fair and honoring their commitments to their clients place them within the top 10 Life insurance companies in Canada according to expert rating companies.
Services & Products Available at Empire Life Insurance Company
- Guaranteed investment funds. Providing you with investment choice. Flexibility combined with insurance benefits are definitely a very effective investment option.
- Guaranteed Retirement Income for Life with Empire’s Life Class 2.1. Income generation well into your retirement can help you adapt to your changing needs and plans.
- An Empire Life Guaranteed Interest Contract provides the security of principal guarantees and competitive interest rates.
- Immediate Annuities with the security and predictability of guaranteed payments for life or your choice of a specific term.
- RRSPs, RRIFs, TFSAs, GIFs
- Group benefits options specific to your business size. Benefit for businesses with 2-19 employees provides a comprehensive benefits solution with simple plan options basic administration and cost effective protection for your employees. Our 20Plus for businesses with 20 or more employees provides a more flexible, comprehensive plan that allows the client to customize a larger but still cost-effective benefits plan.
- For those businesses that choose to self-insure, we can also provide Administrative Services Only, providing you with a full complement of support and administration for your health and dental benefits.
- Critical Illness coverage, dental coverage, Disability Benefits, Drug Benefits, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), e-claims service, Expatriate Benefits, Extended Health Benefits, Health Care Essentials, Health Care Spending Accounts (HCSA), Healthcare Pooling, Incidental Health Insurance, Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance and Travel Emergency Assistance and Insurance.
Market Strength & Reliability of Empire Life Insurance Company
Rated An (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company as of May 27, 2016. Empire Life is among the best Life insurance companies in Canada. This rating, in the opinion of A.M. Best, is given to companies that have the excellent ability to meet the ongoing obligations to their policyholders. A.M. Best is a U.S.-based rating agency recognized the world over for their ratings of the insurance industry.
Empire Life’s stock rating is bbb (stable) also given by A.M. Best. The Dominion Bond Rating Service (DBRS) has provided a Financial Strength Rating of A, an Issuer Rating of A, a Subordinate Rating of (low) A, and a Preferred Shares Rating of Pfd-2. A stable trend for all ratings for Empire Life Insurance also as of May 27, 2016.