Annual fee $99
The Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card surely leads the pack of cash back rewards category with a cash back rate of 4%. This is not for just a promotional period like some other competitor cards but for all the purchases that you have on your gas and grocery needs. So, this rate of 4% stays and does not drop on those eligible purchases. They have 2 more categories on which you may earn some cash back. The first one is a 2% cash back rate on purchases that you have set up on your recurring payments each month. This includes your cable, hydro, phone, gym fees and insurance bills etc. And you may earn this rate of cash back also on items that you buy in a drug store. The second category is for a cash back rate of 1% on all remaining types of eligible items that you buy.
The card has some great insurance features and is on par with some travel rewards cards on those factors. These include the coverage for travel emergency medical, trip interruption, flight delay, lost and delayed baggage, travel accident, rental car collision coverage and purchase protection. However, you pay the annual fee after the first year of enrollment of $99 which is on the higher side in that category. There are competitors who offer lesser or no annual fee at all. The balance transfer rate is also high at 22.99% and there is no promotional rate even during the initial six months.
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card Pros
The Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card has many positive features. Some of these features are as follows.
- Pay no annual fee for the first year.
- Get great insurance benefits with this card that is almost on par with other competitor cards for travel rewards.
- Enjoy exclusive Visa membership benefits, luxury hotel amenities and concierge service for 24/7.
- This card has a host of other benefits too for travel insurance.
- You may get up to 20% discounts on Avis car rentals all over the world when you pay with this card.
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card Cons
The Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card does have some drawbacks too as follows.
- Not everyone may qualify in the income category to be eligible for this card. Your annual income has to be either an individual income of $60000. Or annual household income has to be $100000 to get this card. This is surely a card for the above average income category with excellent credit score rating.
- The supplementary cards are not free and you may pay a charge of $30 per card.
- They charge an annual fee of $99 after the first year of account opening.
- Too many tiers to remember while you shop as to which purchase can earn a 4%, 2% or 1% cash back rate. Purchases for grocery, gas, drug store and recurring payments have different tiers.
- When there is competitors offering lesser or 0% charge on balance transfers, this card charges 22.99% which is quite high.
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card Overview
|Annual Fee:||$0.00 for the first 6 months and $99 thereafter|
|Rewards:||4.00% on gas & grocery, 2% on drug store & recurring monthly payments, 1% on all other eligible purchases|
|Other||Travel Emergency medical, trip interruption, flight delay, lost and delayed baggage, travel accident, rental car collision coverage and purchase protection.|
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card Features & Benefits Review
For the first 6 months, there is no annual fee on The Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card. Thereafter there is an annual fee of $99.
They charge an annual interest rate of 19.99% on all purchases.
The interest rate of a balance transfer is 22.99% and there is no promotional rate or promotional period.
You may pay an interest rate of 22.99% on cash advances.
Credit Score Rating
It is necessary to have an excellent credit score to qualify for the Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card. Your annual income has to be at least $60000 or the household income should be no less than $100000.
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card Cash Back Calculator
|Spending Category||Monthly Spending|
|Total Spending Reward||$552|
|Emergency Travel Medical Insurance||$1,000,000|
|Trip Interruption||$2000 per person, total of $10000 per trip|
|Flight Delay||$500 per trip|
|Delayed & lost baggage||Maximum $500|
|Travel Accident||Up to $500000|
The Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card has the following insurance features.
- Emergency Travel Medical Insurance: This covers nursing care, prescription drugs, surgeons & physicians fees, ambulance expenses, medical expenses, and supplies. The coverage is valid for up to 15 days for insured under 65 years.
- Trip Interruption: You may claim up to $10000 per trip for up to 4 people at $2000 per person with insurance.
- Flight Delay Coverage: To claim for this insurance the delay in flight has to be for at least 4 hours. And this covers reasonable living expenses up to $500 per trip for all travelers with insurance.
- Delayed baggage & lost baggage: A maximum of $500 limit for baggage that is delayed and $500 for all persons who are insured.
- Travel Accident Coverage: You may claim up to $500000 for yourself and your family when you use Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card to pay for 75% of the ticket cost.
Where Can You Use Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card
The Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card is widely accepted for payment on all locations, the point of sale terminals and merchants who accept Visa card all over the world.
Popular Merchants* that May Qualify for Scotia Momentum® VISA Infinite* Cash Back
|4% Grocery Stores & Supermarkets (Code 5411)||4%Service Stations & Automated Fuel Dispensers (Codes 5541 & 5542)||2% Drug Stores And Pharmacies (Code 5912)|
|A & P||7 - Eleven||Consumer Choice Pharmacy|
|Asian Food Center||Amco||IDA|
|Askew's Foods||Canadian Tire Gas Bars||Jean Coutu|
|Atlantic Wholesalers||Cango||Lawtons Drugs Store|
|Brunos Fine Foods||Chevron||Macquarries Drugs Ltd|
|Buy Low Foods||CO-OP Gas Bars||Main Drug Mart|
|Canada Safeway||Couche Tard||Medicine Shop|
|Choices Market||Crevier||Murphy's Pharmacy|
|Colemans Food Centre||Drummond's Gas||No Frills Drugs|
|CO-OP||Esso||Peoples Drug Mart|
|Cooper's Foods||Fas Gas||Pharma Plus|
|Country Grocer||Flying J||Pharma Prix|
|Dominion||Fortino's Gas Bars||Pharma Save Drugs|
|Extra Foods||Gale S Gas Bar||Pharmx Rexall|
|Fairway Market||Gas Bar||Rexall Drug Store|
|Farm Boy||Gasrite||Shoppers Drug Mart|
|Food Basics||Husky||Super Drug Mart|
|Foodland||Irving Oil||The Medicine Shoppe|
|Fortinos||Loblaw Gas Bars||Uniprix|
|Grocery Gateway||Macewen||Valley Drug Mart|
|Hannam Supermarket||Mac's Gas Bar|
|Kin's Farm Market||N. Atlantic Pet.|
|Les Aliments M&M||No Frills Gas Bar|
|M & M Meat Shops||Save On Foods Gas Bars|
|Michael - Angelo's Market||Short Stop Gas Bars|
|Moncion Grocers||Sobey's Fast Fuel|
|Overwaitea Food||Super Save Gas|
|Pete's Frootique||Superstore Gas Bar|
|Powell's Supermarket||Western Petroleum|
|Presidents Choice||Wilson Gas Stop|
|Price Chopper||Yig Gas Bar|
|Price Smart||Zehrs Gas Bars|
|Real Canadian Super Stores|
|Save On Foods|
|Shop Easy Foods|
|Shop 'N Save|
|Supermarche - Metro|
|T & T Supermarket|
|Village Food Markets|
|Your Independent Grocers|
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card Reward Redemption
The cash back you earn appears as a credit on your statement that you could use. There is no promotional period for the highest tier of 4% and this rate stays.
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card Contact Information
- Customer Service Number: 1800 747 3208, 1800 387 6466, 416 288 1440.
- Visa Rewards: 1888 861 5603, 416 701 7824
- Credit Card Mailing Address: P.O. Box 4100, Station A, Toronto, ONM5W 1T1
- Head Office Address: 44 King St West, Toronto ON M5H 1H1
- Customer Service Mailing Address: P.O. Box 4100, Station A, Toronto, ON M5W 1T1
*Rate and product information are subject to change at any time and does not constitute financial advice. Please contact the supplier for complete details.
Scotiabank is not responsible for maintaining the content on this site. Please click on the Apply now link for the most up to date information.
MBNA Rewards MasterCard Review
Amex SimplyCash Preferred Card Review
Amex SimplyCash Card Review
MBNA Smart Cash MasterCard Review
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card Review
National Bank ECHO Cashback MasterCard Review
National Bank Ultramar MasterCard Review
RBC Cash Back MasterCard Review
Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card Review
MBNA Rewards World Elite MasterCard Review
BMO CashBack World Elite MasterCard Review
CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite Card Review
Canadian Tire Cash Advantage MasterCard Review
Canadian Tire Options MasterCard Review
Walmart Rewards MasterCard Review
Capital One Aspire Cash Platinum MasterCard Review
Scotia Momentum Visa Card Review
Desjardins Cash Back Visa Review
CIBC Tim Hortons Visa Review