National Bank Ultramar MasterCard Pros
The National Bank Ultramar MasterCard has many positive features. Some of these pros are as follows.
- You pay no annual fee on the primary or additional cards.
- If Ultramar provides your home heating equipment and oil then you surely benefit from a 2.5% cashback rate. You may get the same 2.5% on your Ultramar gas station purchases too.
- The 1.25% cash back rate on all remaining purchases is also a good deal.
- Zero liability program, extended warranty, and purchase protection are some benefits.
National Bank Ultramar MasterCard Cons
The National Bank Ultramar MasterCard does have some drawbacks too as follows.
- They do not offer a promotional rate for balance transfers. You may pay the usual annual interest rate at 22.99% for balance transfers.
- You may have to keep in mind too many tiers for calculating your cash back rate. As per the tier that you qualify, you may earn 2.5%, 1.25% or a 1%. Not many of us would like to worry about numbers while shopping.
- Does not offer comprehensive insurance for travel related purchase with this card.
- No signup bonus as compared to offers by competitors.
- You may feel forced to purchase gas at Ultramar gas stations to earn the cashback.
- To get 1.25% cash back rate you may have to use this card as your primary card and put all your purchases on this one.
- The maximum cash back annual rebate allowed is only $250.
National Bank Ultramar MasterCard Overview
|Interest Rate:||19.99% on purchases|
|Additional Card||No fee|
|Rewards:||Many tiers on purchases, maximum annual limit is $250|
|Other||Extended warranty period, theft & damage coverage on purchase protection and zero liability|
National Bank Ultramar MasterCard Features & Benefits
You may get the primary card at no annual fee.
The annual purchase interest (APR) rate that they charge is for 19.99%
As of now, they do not have any ongoing promotions on interest rates for balance transfers. You pay the usual 22.99% for the amounts that you transfer to this card.
The interest rate they charge for cash advances is annually 22.99% for the cash advances that you obtain using this card.
Credit Score Rating
In order to qualify to apply for this card, you may need to have a good credit score. This means that for over 6 years you had a good rating and credit history. You may have not applied in the past 9 months for a new credit and never missed your minimum payments since last 3 months.
You pay no fees for requesting supplementary cards. So, more users can earn more cash back rewards.
- On Ultramar gas purchases, you may earn 1% cash back rate on monthly purchases valued between $0.01 and $100. Above $100 you may earn 2%. If you spend $2500 or more annually then you may earn additional 0.5% cash back.
- All other purchases of value between $0 and $6000 may get you a cash back rate at 0.25%. For purchases valued between $6000 and $9000, you may earn 0.50% cash back and over $9000 you may earn 1.25%.
- The cash back rate for Ultramar home heating payments is 2.5%.
- You may not exceed a maximum annual cash back reward of $250.
Insurance Features Of National Bank Ultramar MasterCard
|Purchase protection||For a period of 90 days after you use this card to buy a product|
|Extended Warranty||Get double the warranty up to one more year|
The National Bank Ultramar MasterCard has the following insurance features.
You may get purchase protection for a period of 90 days from the time you buy an item with this card. This protection covers theft & accidental damage to that item. Another benefit offered is for extended warranty period on top of the manufacturer’s warranty. This extends for one more year and is double the usual warranty period.
Where Can You Use National Bank Ultramar MasterCard
You may use the National Bank Ultramar MasterCard at all merchant terminals, the point of sale locations and online merchants who accept MasterCard. The MasterCard has wide acceptance all over the world and you may easily find a merchant. They would have MasterCard signage or logo display too.
National Bank Ultramar MasterCard Reward Redemption
The cash back rate for gas purchases at the Ultramar gas stations can be 1%, 2% or 2.5% as per your monthly expense. Some of the merchant codes used for these rewards are 5541 and 5542 when they belong to the ‘service station’ merchant category. You may also link this card with your digital MasterPass wallet for secure and easy online shopping.
National Bank Ultramar MasterCard Contact Information
- (MasterCard)Customer Service Number: 514-394-1427 and 1888-969-2273
- Customer Service (MasterCard) Mailing Address: Suite 1847-4, 600 De la Gauchetiere Street West, Montreal (Quebec) H3B 5B1.
*Rate and product information are subject to change at any time and does not constitute financial advice. Please contact the supplier for complete details.
National Bank is not responsible for maintaining the content on this site. Please click on the Apply now link for the most up to date information.