5% Cash back rate (1.25% after 6 months)
Emergency medical insurance
Supplementary card for no charge
Many merchants do not accept American Express cards
The SimplyCash Card is offered by American Express as cash back rewards category credit card. This card is famous for a high rate of 5% cash back rate in the first 6 months and is higher than the competitor rates. You may get this cash back up to a limit of $250 in restaurants, gas stations and grocery stores in Canada. However, this promotional rate of 5% declines to 1.25% after six months. Another great highlight of the card is that it has no annual fee. When you transfer a balance from your creditors then you pay no interest charge for the first 6 months. You save money on interest charges that you were paying to other creditors and the limit is up to $7500 or 50% of the credit limit.
The card also has many insurance benefits and the Amex customer service is available to assist you 24/7. This includes travel insurance and many priority line perks. Now Apple Pay can also be used to pay for American Express invites. However, there are still many payment forums and merchants who do not accept American Express cards as widely as a Visa or MasterCard.
SimplyCash Card (American Express) Pros
The SimplyCash Card (American Express) has many advantages as follows:
- No annual fee is a big plus point of this cash back rewards card as this category does have other competitors with an annual fee.
- The cash back rate in the market is highest at 5%. They give this promotional rate for the first six months and you may earn up to a maximum $250.
- After the 6 months promotional period you may still earn cash back at the rate of 1.25% which is still good.
- The emergency medical insurance for out of territory & province and travel insurance are some added benefits on this card. Usually, you find these rewards on a travel rewards card.
- There is no confusion in categories or tiers when you enjoy shopping and earn some cash back.
- You get a supplementary card for no charge so more people in your household may use the card and you earn more rewards.
- When you open a new account you may transfer card balances on other higher interest creditors to this card at a 0% interest rate. They charge only 1% transfer fee for these balance transfers.
- Get American Express invites for shopping and entertainment.
- The customer service is available 24/7.
SimplyCash Card (American Express) Cons
- You may earn only up to $250 during the promotional period of 6 months with the 5% cash back rate. This drops to 1.25% after the promotional period which is lower than other competitors.
- There are many merchants and point of sale terminals that do not accept American Express cards. So ease of acceptance of this card may not be as good as a Visa or MasterCard.
SimplyCash Card (American Express) Overview
|Balance Transfer:||0% in first six months|
*maximum up to $250 for the first six months
|Referral Bonus:|| $100 cash back up to a maximum limit of $1500|
*per approved application as per criteria
|Other:||Rental vehicle insurance, Purchase protection, Travel medical insurance, Extended warranty, Baggage insurance, Flight delay insurance and Travel accident insurance|
SimplyCash Card Annual Fee, Features & Benefits
The SimplyCash Card by American Express has no annual fee.
Rate of Interest on Purchases
The interest rate for purchases is 19.99% per year.
Interest Rate on Balance Transfers
You may transfer at 0% the balances that you carry on other cards or loans. This can be done for up to 6 months from the time you open the account. The fee for a balance transfer is 1% only and that is calculated on the amount you transfer. You may transfer the lesser of $7500 or 50% of your credit limit.
Cash Advances Rates
The annual interest charge on cash advances is 21.99%. You may pay a charge of $2.75% when you take a cash advance from an American Express Dispenser or automated banking machine. The minimum amount you may get as cash advance is $20.
Credit Score Rating
It is necessary to have a good credit rating to qualify for this card and with a minimum income of $15000.
You may get a cash back rate of 5% during the promotional period of six months from the time you open the account. And you may earn up to $250 during this period. After the promotion is over you may earn 1.25% rate on cash back.
When you refer someone to apply for this card and their application is approved then you may get a bonus. The bonus is for a maximum of $1500 and $100 per application that they approve as per the applicant’s eligibility.
|Extended warranty||up to 1 year|
|Protection for Purchase||90 days|
|Medical Emergency||15 days|
|Travel Accident Insurance||up to $100000|
|Stolen or Lost Baggage||$500|
The following are the benefits that SimplyCash Card offers to users:
The original period for warranty from the manufacturer extends for an additional year when you buy a product using this card.
There is no need to register for physical damage or theft perils when you use this card for the purchase of the product.
Theft & Damage Insurance for Car Rental
Get insurance cover for theft or damage when you use a rental car. So you do not have to buy separate insurance coverage from the rental agency.
Travel Accident Insurance
This card also offers accident death & dismemberment benefits to you and your spouse, dependent kids aged less than 23 years and even a supplementary card user. The coverage limit is up to $100000 when you purchase your bus, plane or ship tickets with this card.
Emergency Medical Insurance
There is emergency medical insurance for card members when they travel out of their territory or province. This is valid for up to 15 days when the card member is under 65 years of age.
They offer you some travel insurance benefits such as flight delay and stolen or lost baggage coverage.
Where Can You Use SimplyCash Card (American Express)
The SimplyCash Card is accepted at all merchant terminals that accept American Express Cards. They will also display signage for American Express.
SimplyCash Card (American Express) Contact Information
- Card Application Number: 1800-567-2639
- Customer Service Number: 1800-869-3016 and 1866-549-6426 (Canada or U.S.). You may call 905-474-0870 from outside U.S. and Canada.
- Mailing Address: P.O, Box 3204 STN ‘F’, Toronto, Ontario M1W 3W7.
We are not directly affiliated and make no representations or warranties, recommendations or endorsements of SimplyCash Card (American Express). This article is our review of SimplyCash (American Express) for information purposes only. The logos, trademarks, and copyrights mentioned in this article belong to the SimplyCash Card (American Express).
*Rate and product information are subject to change at any time and does not constitute financial advice. Please contact the supplier for complete details.
SimplyCash Card (American Express) is not responsible for maintaining the content on this site. Please click on the Apply now link for the most up to date information.
MBNA Rewards MasterCard Review
Amex SimplyCash Preferred Card Review
Amex SimplyCash Card Review
MBNA Smart Cash MasterCard Review
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card Review
National Bank ECHO Cashback MasterCard Review
National Bank Ultramar MasterCard Review
RBC Cash Back MasterCard Review
Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card Review
MBNA Rewards World Elite MasterCard Review
BMO CashBack World Elite MasterCard Review
CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite Card Review
Canadian Tire Cash Advantage MasterCard Review
Canadian Tire Options MasterCard Review
Walmart Rewards MasterCard Review
Capital One Aspire Cash Platinum MasterCard Review
Scotia Momentum Visa Card Review
Desjardins Cash Back Visa Review
CIBC Tim Hortons Visa Review