The world leader in travel insurance and global assistance services helping Canadians with the unexpected while traveling for over 50 years. The Allianz Global Assistance brand earns it’s client’s trust by being there every step of the journey to serve our travelers and exceed their expectations at every turn.
Kitchener, Ontario in 1988 Allianz Global Assistance is established under World Access Canada to provide travel related service programs and insurance to the Canadian market. In 200 it was acquired by Mondial Assistance Group becoming the world’s largest travel assistance company. Rebranding itself in 2012 as Allianz Global Assistance.
Services and Products Available from Allianz Global Assistance of Canada
- Travel Advice. Preparing for your trip, during your trip. Allianz Global has valuable insights and knowledge about traveling far and wide and what you want to prepare before you leave your home.
- Travel Medic Mobile App. TravelMedic includes international drug listings, hospital listings, first aid term translations, emergency service numbers for international locations (911 abroad), and up to the minute travel alert warnings from The Government Of Canada. All downloaded free on your smartphone.
- Allianz Emergency Medical Coverage. The most important medical coverage to have before leaving Canada is emergency medical coverage. Allianz emergency medical coverage will provide you with $5 million in coverage for costs related to any unforeseen medical emergencies happening while you are outside of Canada. An around-the-clock team of assistance coordinators and registered nurses to provide support. Included transportation benefit if required to obtain adequate medical care or assistance. Available to all travelers 64 years of age and under.
- Allianz Annual Plan. Allianz annual plan provides the emergency medical coverage for an unlimited number of trips within a one year period. The maximum length of the trip being 10-30 days per trip.
- Allianz Trip Protector Coverage. If you need to cancel, delay or interrupt your stay or if your luggage is delayed or missing or stolen, Allianz trip protector coverage provides coverage against financial losses. Available for travelers aged 84 years and younger.
- Allianz Comprehensive Coverage. The ability to combine The Allianz Emergency Medical coverage and the Allianz Trip Protector coverage into one product for a reduced rate. Comprehensive coverage delivers everything you need in one convenient plan. Available for travelers aged 64 years and under.
- Allianz Global Assistance Canada recently announced plans for an innovative, new way for travelers to pay for medical claims with a new Passport Credit Card.
- For product, comparisons check Allianz Global Assistance website.
Market Strength and Reliability for Allianz Global Assistance of Canada
Effective January 1st, 2015. Allianz Global Assistance has underwriting provided by CUMIS General Insurance Company for all of the products available Allianz is a strong performing member of the Co-operators group of companies. Allianz Global Assistance provides and oversees administration.